Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone other than I have weak signal from FOB to truck? I have to literally be next to the truck to lock/unlock the door. Any trick for extending the signal. Both FOB act the same way so it must be the antenna/reciever from the truck.

I wouldn't need it for long, i'll be using my remote starter fob when the weather permits me to hook up the wire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the vehicle battery?
If youre refering to remote battery, nope it's not it. It was like this since I bought the truck. I replaced with fresh battery already.

·
Registered
376 Posts
ya me too, haven't tried new batteries yet though, laziness...

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I'm in the club too, but it is hit or miss with the range. Sometimes I get 50 feet. Sometimes I could be hugging the thing and it still isn't close enough. I thought batteries, but haven't gotten around to it. When I had almost threw in the towel it gave me 50 feet on the next arm and disarm.

The FOBs do look like pieces of trash.

·
New To The Nation
223 Posts
Did you try putting it under your chin while pressing the button will give the remote an extra boost, your head/body will work as an antenna.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why do I not want to believe that, but at the same time sound believing comparing to tv antenna. I will not be trying it tho. If I do, I will shamely share it here my experience.
Did you try putting it under your chin while pressing the button will give the remote an extra boost, your head/body will work as an antenna.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I changed the battery in mine and signal is still hit or miss. I ordered two new remotes and will see.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I heard something about the antenna wire for the fob being close to the wire for the xm so it causes interference. Not sure if anyone else knows more about this but it was one reason I heard for the fob problem.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got two new keyfobs and range still sucks

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Is the range the same from both sides of the truck? The antenna is plugged into the BCM behind the right kick panel and extends up from there. If you had more range from the right side, it might indicate signal interference from something within the truck.

Also: It probably wouldn't hurt to pull the kick panel and check the antenna connection. Maybe unplug/plug the connector a few times to make sure the contacts are good. It's just a single plug on the face of the BCM, as you look at it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I might check that out when time and weather permits. Just for the heck. I haven't been using it since I got the truck because of this useless distance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts