Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i go with 2 8" L7's(in a sealed box) or one 10 Resonant engineering SX series(probably in a ported box)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i love RE subs they are great build quality in all there lines. I have 2 of the RE8's just for giggles.. But they actually do pound so id recommend any of there subs..(not very impressed with any of kickers stuff)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It all depends on what you like man...

But, if you want my opinion, don't go with the kicker square subs, go with the MTX ones...hands down, MTX has the best square sounding sub I've ever heard.

TS75 / TS55 – Revolutionizing the Sound of Square

Introducing the newest addition to the MTX Thunder Woofer family, Thunder Square (TS). These subwoofers are serious. The Mad Scientists at MTX dreamed up hundreds of designs before creating the loudest square subwoofer in the class. Mission accomplished! Utilizing patented technology (U.S. Patent # 7,275,620), TS subwoofers are capable of delivering volume displacement unlike any other in their class. Translated for those of you new to the audio world, these subwoofers are #^*@% LOUD! With 8 layer 1.75" voice coils and up to 125 oz. magnets, they are like nothing you've ever heard!

The TS75 subwoofers have a cast aluminum basket for strength and durability as well as a black anodized aluminum cone with a laser etched MTX Audio gothic logo. Point blank - they sound as good as they look. They are perfect for any ride from rusted out Rivieras to bangin' Bentleys and they will be the envy of the neighborhood. TS55 subwoofers rely on a stamped basket and incorporate a painted gloss black metallic polypropylene dust cap with a raised MTX Audio gothic logo.

* Up to 750W RMS Power Handling and 1500W Peak Power Handling
* ALDS Asymmetrical Linear Drive System with a flat progressive spider and extended pole piece for smooth, linear, piston like drive
* Industry leading thermal power handling using 428° F High Temperature Voice Coil Wire
* Exclusive Spider Plateau Venting cooling system cools at the voice coil
* Available in Dual 4 Ohm or Dual 2 Ohm configurations
* Sealed Box volume as little as 1.0 cubic feet
* Vented Box volume as little as 1.5 cubic feet
* 8 layer 1.75" voice coils
I can't comment on your RE subs, I've never heard them in person.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It all depends on what you like man...

But, if you want my opinion, don't go with the kicker square subs, go with the MTX ones...hands down, MTX has the best square sounding sub I've ever heard.

I can't comment on your RE subs, I've never heard them in person.
mc, have these come out yet? im running one kicker L5 that i am sure i have blown, but havent replaced because im waiting for the MTX Square Sub.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Have you looked at any of the other makers out there???

I too am not a fan of kicker. IMHO they are over priced for what you get. I've found cheaper and with a higher output.

Some other companies for you to look at: Digital Designs, Tc Sounds, Sound Splinter, Fi audio, AudioQue etc. etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mc, have these come out yet? im running one kicker L5 that i am sure i have blown, but havent replaced because im waiting for the MTX Square Sub.
I've seen them for sale down here, they should be available at a dealer up there. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
From everything I've heard about RE I would say definitely go with RE. And yes I know I have a truck full of kicker stuff. lol Not that I'm not impressed with mine. I've just heard great review after great review about RE. Or you can try FI

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I love my RE-MT18, but it depends on the music you listen to
2 L7 8s are going to hit very accurate and percise, like for rock and metal
a RE 10 in a ported box will pound and get pretty deep, like for rap, but will do pretty good with rock as well

so i'd def. say go with the RE.. and if you need help with a box design let me know

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i'm goin to get one 10 RE SX series. im goin to build my own box for my crewcab. It's looks a lot like subthump.com side fire box but it's goin to be ported.RE's website say the optimal performance sized box is 1.25 cubic feet tuned @34hz. How long and wide should the port be?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Well i'm goin to get one 10 RE SX series. im goin to build my own box for my crewcab. It's looks a lot like subthump.com side fire box but it's goin to be ported.RE's website say the optimal performance sized box is 1.25 cubic feet tuned @34hz. How long and wide should the port be?
hmm... those are not even 1 cuft.
you might want to keep it sealed, it will still sound great, and be a hell of a lot easier to build

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Re's but if not go with Fi. Buddy has a 10in Bl and 18 Btl(not in the same car lol) but both of them make u want to gouch ur ears out very good subs and will slam for days! But Re would bee my first choice followed close by fi, dd, and sound splinter

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a kicker 850.2 but the kicker certification sheet says 1093rms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts