Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bad is the radiator support?

I know i need a new radiator, ac lines, bumper, lights and a grill...

Im still waiting on the adjuster to come assess the truck but hoping i can fix it all myself.... i want a GMC grill and new headlights...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yeouch...hate those big rats w/antlers. Glad you're OK and it's amazing the airbags didn't deploy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any more details on speed or size of deer? I'd be interested to see how much it costs and what damage was done that you find out later. Keep us posted and good luck with insurance.

·
Registered
634 Posts
How big of a buck is a point of interest here too. I would say it was probably a four point. A biggun would have done more damage.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Looks like it shat all over the truck too

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Well the damage doesn't look too bad but the smell and cleaning all those fluids off must have been very unpleasant.

Looks like the rad support and what you mentioned. Shouldn't be too pricey.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
holy smokes @Minitruckin that's a much bigger deer than mine, i hit a TINY doe. must have been a year or two old. no more than 100 pounds.

James, yeah i have that one book marked as well as some other things... Thanks!

I am unfortunately STILL waiting to TOUCH the truck because I have to wait for the adjuster. Punkass desk jockies get a whole week off for new years . their job is soooo hard.

thanks everyone else. I got a Ram 1500 for my rental...nationwide made me get another truck and since the rental car place didn't have any small trucks...i get the next friggen step below a dually. ?WTF! i have to drive over 100 miles a day for work. and they are closed on the weekend.... my only days off hahahaha oh well atleast i have a way of transportation!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the radiator core support is damaged it must be replaced I go to Nashville Auto Diesel College and I'm training to be a collision Repair technician and I'm currently in structural it must be replaced anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I'm in the same boat I hit a huge buck ! Pretty much took out front passenger side fender grill headlights and a dent in the hood ! And core support. So can anyone give me some advice what to look for never took a core support or a fender off one of thes trucks. I did take the grill and headlights off so I'm familiar with that. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Jayrock are in need of a new chrome front bumper. I removed mine with 40k miles last summer to replace with a painted one. Have one if your in need of one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts