Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '06 Colorado Z71, I5, 4x4 and am having a tb crank done by my local body shop. He's done paint work on my M Roadster and I've developed a good relationship with him and usually tip above and beyond his normal quote. I'm 63 and have spent time in the past doing my own car repairs and have done mods on my Rado but with no air tools and no access to a lift, this one I realistically can't do. The shop owners son has lifted a Silverado and dropped an S10 and really understands suspension and chassis work and is good at what he does. I dropped by for a quote today and he is working one up for me. The following is to be done: Suspension Maxx 2" shackle install, rancho rs 5325 rear shocks, rear brake line spacer, front rancho rs 5300 shocks, differential drop with Susp Maxx spacers and bump stops, and cranking the tb's to level it out. I need to know how many hours labor this might entail if all goes smoothly and what a reasonable cost for labor that might be. I live 60 miles west of Buffalo NY and though there are a lot of Nation members in NY, the closest members that might be able to lend a hand would probably be Rochester which is 3 hours drive time from me.
This time of the year, with single digit temps and record snows, doesn't make this any easier for a DIY. Any knowledgeable responses would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for the replies.

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
Well, if your shocks are rusted up and factory original like mine were, figure 45 minutes a side for fronts and 15 minutes per side for rears, including shackles.

TB crank should be less than an hour, it just takes some time going side to side until you get exactly what you want. Did mine both sides no lift with a jack in the driveway in under that.

I haven't done a different drop myself, but realistically it's 4 bolts in an awkward spot. Maybe an hour.

Then you install bump stops (10 minutes per side, maybe) and move the brake line (30-1hr if complications occur) and get an alignment ($75).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I literally just picked my truck up from having the shackles and tb crank today. It honestly depends one how much rust has built up with the bolts in the leaf springs. If they are able to get them out with too much trouble then it shouldn't be too bad. With mine they had a hell of a time with them and ended up having to remove the bushings. These bushings are not a stock replacement.

Everything else is pretty straight forward and easy.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
If your driving 3 hours I would make sure he is also aligning it before you eat up some tires bringing it home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts