Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan ahead for once my duratracs wear down or if I can come across some used mud tires. Whats the largest size I can squeeze under my rig w/ minimal clearance issues. Would I have any issues w/ a 12.5 wide 33 or idealy 35? I know It would be tight but I imagine that a 35x10.5 would fit nicely. and I like the 10.5 width, but a littel wider would be nasty. :D What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
biggest is a 33. no way on a 35 without hacking your fenders and bumpers and frame. 12.50 width on any tire will rub the frame no matter what rims you have.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys don't think a skinny 35 would fit? It looks like it would be snug but they would clear

·
Nation Sleeper
354 Posts
I have 2.5in shackles keys with a crank and 3in p/a bodylift and I am running 33x11.5 with no rubbing...

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats the issue w/ rubbing? Width or the Diameter? I know a 35 would involve trimming. I'm trying to find an old juck 35 or 33 for a test fit.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
you can fit 35s with a lil work, crazeycowboy and riverboygmc have both done it, there is also a red truck that was never a member that had 35x12.50 mudgrapplers on xtreme wheels with the same set up

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
shoo naysayer :lmao: i know riverboygmcs truck wasnt a street queen and i have seen it in person after he sold it, looked awesome

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
yea, i guess i shouldnt assume anything...

i just know i had a pretty good rub with my 295/70s with a 4.5'' bs. its hard for me to picture 35s

only one way to find out i guess!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to keep searching for some used 35", 34", and 33" tires to see Wich ones fit and I like better.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
You may be able to do it with the right backspacing, but the second your suspension flexes with the wheel turned you'll be rubbing. If you don't mind rolling the fender flare back like dents, then redo the body mount you would clear them. But I only know of a TSL swamper in that size, and the tread is actually much wider than 10.5, and they are bias ply which I wouldn't suggest for street use.

I believe there are a few 34x11.5 tires out there that measure out to like 33.7"x11.2", that should only have minimal rubbing.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I'll keep you guys posted on what I come up with. I have a set of chrome 15s i think i'm going to try and get some big mud tires for

·
Haters gonna hate
6,576 Posts
You may be able to do it with the right backspacing, but the second your suspension flexes with the wheel turned you'll be rubbing. If you don't mind rolling the fender flare back like dents, then redo the body mount you would clear them. But I only know of a TSL swamper in that size, and the tread is actually much wider than 10.5, and they are bias ply which I wouldn't suggest for street use.

I believe there are a few 34x11.5 tires out there that measure out to like 33.7"x11.2", that should only have minimal rubbing.
I thought shanes(dents and dings) coops were 35x10.50?Yes they do make the TSL in a 10.50 wide and according to interco's website they are a true 10.50 wide.:thumbup:

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
I thought shanes(dents and dings) coops were 35x10.50?Yes they do make the TSL in a 10.50 wide and according to interco's website they are a true 10.50 wide.:thumbup:
I'm pretty sure he had 35x12.50 I don't think cooper makes a 35x10.5 or even a 35x11.5. He runs 10" wide wheels too which would be risky with a 10.5" tire. It sucks though once you go over a 32" diameter the off road tires all have 12.5" widths and up which sucks on these trucks for fitment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts