Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my Canyon has been slowly leaking for a while now so I brought it into a local shop to have them take a look at it. The mechanic told me the rack/pinion and the tie rods were bad. I had them replace all of it, but fast forward 2 weeks, and my truck is leaking power steering fluid AGAIN. It's leaking down onto the axle just above the Oil filter drip catcher. It looks like the same speed leak as before, even in the same spot Any ideas of what I should look at replacing to get the leak to stop or how to find out where it's coming from?

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Hey all, my Canyon has been slowly leaking for a while now so I brought it into a local shop to have them take a look at it. The mechanic told me the rack/pinion and the tie rods were bad. I had them replace all of it, but fast forward 2 weeks, and my truck is leaking power steering fluid AGAIN. It's leaking down onto the axle just above the Oil filter drip catcher. It looks like the same speed leak as before, even in the same spot Any ideas of what I should look at replacing to get the leak to stop or how to find out where it's coming from?
What component is located above the oil filter and might leak in that area? The power steering pump. Maybe don't ask the same mechanics that troubleshot it last.

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Looks like 8-9-10-12 are all o-rings. A failure of any one could cause a leak. It’s hard to say if that’s the cause without seeing it.

You’ll need to crawl under the truck and see if you can pinpoint the leak.

· Registered
26 Posts

Most mechanics warranty there work for at least 90 days if not longer! Bring it back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts