Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right place here! My 2006 Colorado seems to be slightly leaning on the driver side....but only in the front as far as i can tell. I measured from the fender above the front tire and its about 1 1/2 inch lower than the passanger side What could the problem be? everything with the suspention is stock. Thanks....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol....the chevy lean! thats what by buddy said, but he said it was because of the fuel tank on the driver side. I wouldn't think that would be in the front only though

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If it's from the front, that's because the driver side suspension sees the weight of the driver more than equally balanced with driver/passenger.

If you have torsion bars, you can raise up the low side easily, then get an alignment.

1.5" is pretty extreme though.

I thought "Chevy Lean" pertained to the rear droop?

·
Registered
59 Posts
So evenot with new springs it will eventually start sagging in a matter of months right? So before I put new drop springs upfront... cut the driver side? How much? Mines about an inch lower at most than the passenger side...

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I personally won't be able to help with how to lower your vehicle. I don't have any experience in doing so and I don't know the calculations required to determine how much coil to cut off.

An no, sag won't be noticeable in a couple months. It's an 'over the course of time' thing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Typically most people cut half a coil, no more than a full, but depending on if you have the belltech drop kit like I have, you shouldn't cut the springs, just remove the shims/spacers provided on the passenger side to bring that side down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts