Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
I'm doing SCIENCE!
489 Posts
Re: LED Gauges Updated 1/14/13 New Prices

Ok, just so I understand...

In the original posting, it was cluster swaps and you had to have more than (I believe) 29,000 miles on the cluster for it to work, right? This new one works all the way down to 0 miles since it's just a board swap?

That's nice. That's real nice. :)

Just curious, if someone wants white backlighting on the gauges, do you replace the cruddy off-yellow LEDs with whiter ones? Or is that not recommended?

Going on the short list of mods, for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: LED Gauges Updated 1/14/13 New Prices

yes i can now program the boards for 0 miles that way it will bump up to the miles on your truck

here is a pic showing stock white vs the white leds i use

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Re: LED Gauges Updated 4-14-13 New Options/Prices

Ivan, man you did a great job on mine man, thanks for being gutsy on the 09" v8 cluster. The red looked awesome. Enjoyed the shit out of it the week after i got it till i deployed. i cant wait to get back and drive it again. bump for great work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: LED Gauges Updated 4-5-13 New Options/Prices

Does this negate the panel brightness option from the roller on the left..ya know..?

And if I wanted just white or light blue, would my stock needles work or..?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts

the dimmer switch still works. these are so bright i drive around with the lowest setting. and my stock needles work fine.
Ya..I like mine stock on the lowest..I imagine after upgrading and on the lowest its still much brighter than stock..hmmm..can I see a pic with your stock needles..?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

Hey man just curious does the core sent back have to be the same as the one I want and do you have any pics of green LEDs in an extreme cluster

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yes core needs to be the same haven't done a green extreme the is a pic of a normal cluster in green in my album

·
the guy that always on
3,235 Posts

I'm for sure this is my next mod as soon as I get the money but just curious as the post is kinda confusing so for $80 I would receive a new circuit board with the new LEDs or would it be a whole cluster I'm just confused cause the tint seems to go on the gauge faces not the LEDs I saw a pic on your Facebook that is exactly what I want if we could clear up my confusion ill order as soon as I have the cash

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
85 Posts

free bump for great work, thanks again ivan

41 - 60 of 65 Posts