Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, fairly new to posting here. The Colorado was suffering from a burned out brake light bulb, so figured I'd spend my efforts going LED out back. I ended up going with a newer style CREE lens/Q5 LED bulb, but the installation and general setup is the same as Greg's writeup in the Tech section. These bulbs are at least 2-3 times as bright as stock and the look they give is killer. Got the whole mod done for $100, way less than new LED lenses and get to keep the overall stock appearance. Got everything buttoned up in about 45 minutes. Here are links to what I bought...

Brake/signal bulbs:
3157 Red 25W CREE High Power LED Projector Red Blinker Turn Signal Lights Bulbs | eBay

Backup bulbs:
3157 3156 High Power CREE LED Projector Xenon White Daytime Running Lights Bulbs | eBay

Resistor package:
2X 6ohm 50W LED Load Resistors Turn Signal Blinkers Fog Lights Fix Hyper Flash | eBay

Here's a link to my reply in the tech section that shows pics of the packaging and the bulbs up close:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...3057-led-bulbs-tail-lights-3.html#post3165985

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Nice job. I switched to the projector style LED bulb as well for the reverse bulb. I need to do it for the other bulbs too since I'm now running tinted lenses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job. I switched to the projector style LED bulb as well for the reverse bulb. I need to do it for the other bulbs too since I'm now running tinted lenses.
Don't know if I'll ever do tinted lenses, but the projector bulbs seem to be much brighter than the other styles. The 25w bulbs I used would work with tinted lenses, but might as well go bigger if you're going to replace them anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts