Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been seeing some kick ass projector retrofits and I wanted to have that same look. Unfortunately I do not have the money to buy decent ones online, and I have 09 and newer headlights so I would have to try and buy some older ones to bake.

So...... I decided to just do some stuff to change up the front lights a little bit.

I bought some clear marker/corners to get rid of that big ugly yellow reflector and changed out the amber DRL bulbs for some clear ones, I don't know the color temp though and they still show up yellowish.

I bought some 4000k Sylvania headlight bulb replacements to get more white light up there.

Today I decided to put an LED strip in my grill and wire it up with the DRL. I think it looks pretty good. I have some switchbacks coming in the mail for my turn signals so I can post that pic when they get here. I took a video and some pictures.

Let me know what you think.

What the DRL's looked like after Supermodulation DTRL mod.

This is what happens when I hit lock and unlock on my Remote Entry.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazon. I originally bought a reel to put some in the footwell, which I probably will still do, but used some of the reel for this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SXGS94/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks good. I used those same LEDs on my boat. Good stuff. I have a little left, been thinking about putting them under bed rails to light up the bed better

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Not bad

·
PBR TIME
625 Posts
i like them. iam doing my grill now so i may put some in. i will put them off:yup:a switch dont want the po pos stopping me with a open pbr. lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm trying to decipher my states laws now to see if this is illegal or not. It's a bit unclear to me.

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after speaking with several VA state offices I finally spoke with a state trooper and he said I could not have these lights in my grill. He wasn't able to give me specifics on why not but I decided that I don't want to deal with the hassles if I was to get pulled over. So I am going to change it up. It's a shame too because I really liked the way they looked.

I've got an idea though so hopefully it turns out nice as well. I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. If I didn't just pay for a "disobeying a one way only sign" ticket then I would be willing to take the chance of getting pulled over and talk with the cop. I would rather not have to deal with another ticket. Even if I ended up not having to pay for it.

I may investigate further but I had a feeling that I was going to get the run around from the fuzz!!

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that is what our law here states but it's very vague. From what I gathered as long as it's white and doesn't flash it is ok.

I tried to read into it a little and I also talked to a Sherrif and he said that you couldn't have high and low and fogs. So you could only have high and fogs or low and fogs or high and low.

I took it out for now and may wire it back up with a switch later on. For now I baked my old corners, removed the amber reflector, and am going to wire up LEDs inside the housing to take the place of the DRL bulb.

Supermodulation do you know a way to only make the blinker bulb come on when the blinker is on? So it would be off and blink amber when on? I have switchbacks on the way so something similar to that with no white light. TIA for any advice.

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Very rough draft/ fitment test for what I am going to do instead. I WILL use these LED strips. ImageUploadedByAG Free1392765477.187548.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1392765492.385586.jpg These will be my DRLs. At least that's the idea in my mind.

Sent from My Phone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts