Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been seeing some kick ass projector retrofits and I wanted to have that same look. Unfortunately I do not have the money to buy decent ones online, and I have 09 and newer headlights so I would have to try and buy some older ones to bake.

So...... I decided to just do some stuff to change up the front lights a little bit.

I bought some clear marker/corners to get rid of that big ugly yellow reflector and changed out the amber DRL bulbs for some clear ones, I don't know the color temp though and they still show up yellowish.

I bought some 4000k Sylvania headlight bulb replacements to get more white light up there.

Today I decided to put an LED strip in my grill and wire it up with the DRL. I think it looks pretty good. I have some switchbacks coming in the mail for my turn signals so I can post that pic when they get here. I took a video and some pictures.

Let me know what you think.

What the DRL's looked like after Supermodulation DTRL mod.

This is what happens when I hit lock and unlock on my Remote Entry.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazon. I originally bought a reel to put some in the footwell, which I probably will still do, but used some of the reel for this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SXGS94/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm trying to decipher my states laws now to see if this is illegal or not. It's a bit unclear to me.

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after speaking with several VA state offices I finally spoke with a state trooper and he said I could not have these lights in my grill. He wasn't able to give me specifics on why not but I decided that I don't want to deal with the hassles if I was to get pulled over. So I am going to change it up. It's a shame too because I really liked the way they looked.

I've got an idea though so hopefully it turns out nice as well. I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. If I didn't just pay for a "disobeying a one way only sign" ticket then I would be willing to take the chance of getting pulled over and talk with the cop. I would rather not have to deal with another ticket. Even if I ended up not having to pay for it.

I may investigate further but I had a feeling that I was going to get the run around from the fuzz!!

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that is what our law here states but it's very vague. From what I gathered as long as it's white and doesn't flash it is ok.

I tried to read into it a little and I also talked to a Sherrif and he said that you couldn't have high and low and fogs. So you could only have high and fogs or low and fogs or high and low.

I took it out for now and may wire it back up with a switch later on. For now I baked my old corners, removed the amber reflector, and am going to wire up LEDs inside the housing to take the place of the DRL bulb.

Supermodulation do you know a way to only make the blinker bulb come on when the blinker is on? So it would be off and blink amber when on? I have switchbacks on the way so something similar to that with no white light. TIA for any advice.

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Very rough draft/ fitment test for what I am going to do instead. I WILL use these LED strips. Light Automotive lighting Bumper Headlamp Automotive fog light
Light Automotive fog light Automotive lighting Bumper Auto part
These will be my DRLs. At least that's the idea in my mind.

Sent from My Phone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.