Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that I left my lights on overnight. Battery was too low on power to start. Jumped it. Started right up.

After starting & running for a while it starts fine HOWEVER, now the key fob will not lock/unlock the doors & my window (yes, window!) won't operate.

The battery is approx 2 years old IIRC.

It's 112 out here now so I'm definitely not going to play around until around 8pm when the temp MAY be down to 100

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you get it working?
I have a 2005, and whenever the battery went dead or was disconnected I get the following symptoms:
-Key Fob does not work
-Driver's window does not work, but the passenger does.
-When the truck is put in drive and starts moving the door locks don't lock.

I have seen posts where people change the battery, the driver's side window control module, short out capacitors on the driver's window control, none of these worked for me.

The first time I had this issue after changing a battery that died, I had no idea what to do and it just started working after about 2-3 days.

Dealer I use has never seen this issue, in fact once I had it in for some work and when they were done they said they couldn't get the driver's window to work, I asked if the key fob worked and they said no.
I told them to just manually get the window up and I'd fix it when I got home.

What I do that works about 98% of the time is I disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for a few hours, (I've tried 30min, and 1 or 2 hrs with no luck, but usually I just leave it disconnected overnight and have the best luck with that). Next morning I hook the battery up and let it sit for a bit and that almost always fixes it.

I suspect that it's something in the ECM or something like that.
No guarantee it will work for you, but this is what I do that works for me.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the issues self corrected.
Next on the agenda is the interior ventilation fan testing & probably wiring harness replacement.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts