Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So..
on August 18th we’re removing the factory LH9 from my 2012 GMC Canyon. The LC9 came from a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4x4.
I have had the motor completely remanufactured professionally, Dod delete, cam and heads.
so just looking now and realize this new motor would have had a 6l80 from what I’m researching. Question..
am I going to be able to bolt my factory 4l6o e from the canyon to this aluminum lc9 from the avalanche?
please help, any parts needed should be ordered now ..

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I can't actually answer your question, but I believe you are correct about the LC9 being matched with a 6L80 transmission. Unless I am mistaken, that is the combination in my 2010 Suburban.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, make sure the 4L60E has the Corvette internals or have it rebuilt to a stage 3.

Probably the U-joints as well. Are you changing the gears and torque converter?
BTW, make sure the 4L60E has the Corvette internals or have it rebuilt to a stage 3.

Probably the U-joints as well. Are you changing the gears and torque converter?
Thanks for the feed back, yes I'm having a full rebuild done with shift kit and stronger planetary..
the cam in the motor does not require a stall convertor, but getting a new one though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Motor has been in for a full week now, all good, the only disaster was the trans rebuild failed the first time and it had to come out after the engine was in. it was frustrating, but its all good and back in and rebuilt properly.
Wednesday is dyno day, I will update on results.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So she put down 285 to the ground and 291 torque.
I had the transmission tuned as well, it spins a little coming into 2nd gear as it shifts so hard.
It’s fun to drive, and considering stock exhaust and intake and throttle body it goes very nice. I’ll post a video of the dyno pull..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts