Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

lift advice. 2wd Z85 LS

6K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  combatcameraguy 
#1 ·
I plan on running ebay 2" coil spacer, crown suspension 3" spindles, and crown suspension 2"-5" Adjustable rear shackles. All in this setup will cost me $550. Anyone else running something like this?

#6 ·

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Got the new wheels on. It's too dark to take pics but I'll get some tomorrow.
Sooooo my problems...
Rubbing? Only the back of the front wells. Like a lot.
I had to take off my front wheel spacers now the front is -24, four inches backspace. That solved most of the rubbing. Barely rubs now at full turn, but I also had to take off the weights that were mounted on the inside of the rim. They were hitting the spindle. I have about just over a quarter inch of space between the rim and the spindle.

Looks great. Especially the back. (dat booty) And the front tires stick out even with the back. They were way wide with the spacers on. It's a game of inches.

Anyways, I'll get pics in the daytime if you're going this lift route, i'd suggest 32 inch tires.

#18 ·
31.5 inch tire. The shackles will work for now and later. The front might put you at 20-21 inches from center of hub to bottom of fender. I had 29 inch tires and I had a lot of room at that height

#15 ·
I have 2in lift coils with 2.5 I think shackles. I dont remember, with some kyb struts up front. Honestly it's the worst thing I've done to the truck. Rides like shit but looks alright. I didn't wanna sacrifice ride quality and that's exactly what happened compaired to stock. If I could do it over I wouldn't have done anything to it but ad bigger tires.

#16 ·
That sucks your ride quality is gone. I'm the same way. Why do things if it's gonna suck driving? I will say I haven't noticed too much difference with the things i've done, but i attribute that to belltechs up front, new ranchos in the back and a lot of sidewall.
Is it just hard on bumps, or bouncy, or turning sucks? What makes it drive bad?

#20 ·
The coils came with my lift kit as part of why its 2inches right. So I no longer have the stock coils. If I had em I would go the rout your suggesting. Put stockers back on and get some spacers which are inexpensive right guys? Then bam back to smooth again. I remember stock this truck road like a car. Very Nice.

#21 ·
I am so Confused now? This set up with spacers and spindles may cause my suspension to bink up and screw my shit up?? I just scored some fabtech spindles and extented brake lines. I want to eventually go mid travel in the front, but I dont want to buy parts I will later have to remove, Trying to be as cost effective as possable.

#22 ·
It won't. I have that set up in the front, with add a leafs and 2-5 inch crown shackles in back.

I got finally got a pic with my 33's on. In the front, from center hub to bottom of fender is 23.5 inches. THE SUSPENSION IS FINE, but the wheels rub on the back side of the front fender. 32's or 31.5 would be non rubbing

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.