Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I want to get a lift. Right now I am debating on a 4" suspension lift. Or that with the SMAXX 1.5" body lift. You think I could get a rough chop of 4" suspension and then one with 4" suspension and a 1.5" body lift? I just want to see if it will be a noticeable difference that is worth the damn near $3k it is going to cost me. I am keeping my wheels but going with 285/70/17 tires. Thanks for anything!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The difference between a 1.5" bl and a 4" suspension lift is noticeable.

Look in the suspension thread for the hundreds of pictures.

Your truck photo shopped will look however the person wants to make it look. Can't just make it look 1.5" taller with nothing as a guide to measure against. I mean, how will they know to make it only 1.5" taller and not closer to 2"?

The way your post reads it sounds like you want to know if 5 1/2" of lift looks different than 1.5" of lift....but I'm sure that isn't what you asking. I got confused because you said you want to not purchase a 4" subframe lift.

Also, can you actualy get 285mm tires on the stock wheels? I think the wheels are too narrow (7.5" wide).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you on the photoshop job but I wasn't sure if there was a way. I HIGHLY doubted I was the first one to ask.
My question was the difference between 4" and 5.5". I know I want the 4" suspension lift but I was curious what the difference is if the BL would even be worth it.
Also the tires that are on it now are 265. It would be a difference of not even 3/4". My local shop told me it was possible to fit 33/12.5 but that I wouldn't want to because there would be less tire sitting on the road.
This is all with spacers btw.

Also I obviously know the difference between 1.5" and 4" silly boy. ;)

Sent from My Phone

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I misread your post then.

You made it sound like (to me) you can save $3 by not getting a suspension but only if the 1.5" lift looked the same.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No big deal. Just trying to decide if I should stick with 4" or do the BL with it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is def an option. May be the only one I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts