Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my truck and need help choosing a lift option. I have and 04 colorado z71 4x4. I dont do a lot of rock crawling. Mostly riding in the mud and woods. Need to be able to clear 33x12.50's. Not sure if I need the whole suspension lift or if I should get shackles, TB Keys, and a body lift. Any help is appreciated.

·
Norse god of maintenance
113 Posts
If you can afford it go for the full suspension lift, then a body lift.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Yeah, a full lift kit. Then you can clear the tires (at least without the use of a bigger hammer.

What do you know about lifting your truck already?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Sas it. Even using stock springs your truck will be a lot more durable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want to wait on a full suspension lift. I wantto go with my cheaper options right now. And I don't make too much money so getting tires and rims and lift is going to be a sonofabitch.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I suggest a proper subframe lift kit from Rancho or Skyjacker. But, if you don't want to / can't spend the money, all you can do is:

1. 3" Body Lift
2. Cut and weld body mount
3. Remove swaybar
4. Crank torsion bars. Get lift keys if you don't get enough lift.
5. Shackles or add a leaf.
6. Carefully select wheels with the right offset, and install big tires
7. Trim front bumper and fender flares.
8. Realize your 33x12.5" tires are still rubbing.
9. Give in, and purchase a subframe suspension lift kit, or maybe settle on a slightly narrower tire like a 285/70R17 (~33x11.5)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about TB keys and shackles and procomp shocks? Then when I get the money get the whole lift kit?

·
Registered
409 Posts
No reason to get TB keys up front unless your TBs are sagging. A TB crank does the exact same thing. Just save your money and do it right the first time. You'll have trouble clearing a 12.5'' wide tire with a 4'' suspension lift much less just a mean TB crank.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
What about TB keys and shackles and procomp shocks? Then when I get the money get the whole lift kit?
And shocks won't lift your truck.

Like pittman says, keys only make up for differences above what your factory keys are capable of. If you get tall enough with factory keys then done deal. The more you crank the more harsh the ride becomes. The more you crank, the more it draws the tires inward and you'll rube even worse (especially with a 12.50)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts