Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On instagram i following a page called Southerntrucksdaily and there was a post up that said .."if anyone needs train horns, lift kit etc. let me know" and the guy put his number down i started to text him just for the hell of it to see what a price on a lift for a colorado would be and he told me $550 shipped to my front door. I was skeptical and everything and i still am he gave me his personal instagram which is christophermiller4351 and the pictures and things that are posted seem legit and he explained to me that he gets these lift kits, wheels, tires etc. at crazy cheap prices by knowing people and buying overstock and it explains in his instagram post i can post up a picture if everyone does not have an instagram but i would appreciate some feedback because it sounds to good to be true but i am texting him now so i dont know.. just let me know what you think thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the lift kit is a rough country 4 inch suspension lift with shocks and he said that its the same as tuff country just branched off name

·
Registered
208 Posts
when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. with that being said, if you can check out what youre buying before giving over the money, that would probably be the best way to go

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
More than 50% off of a lift kit from an online source you have no familiarity with. Go for it!

If you've never seen a full lift kit for $550 'overstocked' before, then this guy is about to become $550 richer and your truck will not be any taller.

Just my take......

By the way, rough country and tuf country are two different brands.

Rough Country sells spacers for torsion bar keys. Spacers aren't quite the same as a lift kit though.
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-susp...WOCF6sgLJejMjSxVMUyEBxijMtmIVn8ckgaApJ-8P8HAQ

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
as far as i know, rough country does not make a colorado 4" lift kit.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats another thing he said rough country and i know they dont make a kit but he was saying its the same as tuff country kit which doesn't make sense..

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Move on.......

I don't do the whole Twitter/Instagram thing but is Instagram actually an avenue for purchasing things. It's more than some 20-something person posting a picture of their lunch?

·
Registered
242 Posts
As everyone has said. Don't trust it.

If you are looking in the $550.00 range, I bet you can get a 3" lift from SuspensionMAXX and a 1.5" BL for close to that. Check them out as they are a site vendor and from my understanding will give discounts to forum members.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i appreciate the responses i just wanted to see if anyone has every seen or heard of this type of price whether they know someone or get discounts

·
Registered
208 Posts
im guessing the cost of the materials in the lift kit would cost the manufacturer more than 550. so unless the kit is used then its not worth the time

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts