Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is a Z71 lifted? I was wondering if a 3/2.5 inch lift would actually lift the truck more than it already is. The kit I'm looking at has lift keys for the torsion bars in the front and shackles for the back.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Don't mess with the torsion keys. Waste of money when you can just crank the Torsion bars and get the lift for free.

You can do a 2 inch lift with some shackles and cranking the TB. You will need new shocks for the rear. New ones up front would help out big time.

If you want 3 inches of lift, you can get a PA body lift, which is 3".

If you are wanting suspension lift only, you have the 2" lift as said and 4" lifts by Skyjacker, Rancho, Tough Country offers one I believe, and I think CST still offers their 5 inch lift, but not positive.

Welcome to the board too man.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
How is a Z71 lifted? I was wondering if a 3/2.5 inch lift would actually lift the truck more than it already is. The kit I'm looking at has lift keys for the torsion bars in the front and shackles for the back.
first - is it 2x4 or 4x4 ? which body style ? Speed tv on cable did a show not to long ago . maybe someone saw that show and remembers more that me .
I think it was a skyjacker -- it was orange - plus bigger tires ( 35") cepek
oldman

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Don't mess with the torsion keys. Waste of money when you can just crank the Torsion bars and get the lift for free.

You can do a 2 inch lift with some shackles and cranking the TB. You will need new shocks for the rear. New ones up front would help out big time.
im also new to the lifting scene, any links to where to buy just the shackles

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
up till like a few weeks ago...there was a guy on cfans named bubbaloo that was making high quality ones. you might want to see if he has any left in stock at this point. If not check the for sale boards, sometimes you will find them...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I highly recommend the Skyjacker Add-a-leaf kit for the rear also. Eiminates squat when loaded.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Crank the TB's and build your own shackles, I went out and bought a length of 5/16 flat bar, little bit of cutting drilling and welding. 2 years now and no issues. Was able to run 33x10.50-15 MT's that way. Added a 1 inch aluminum bodylift and run 285 75 R16'S now which are and inch wider.

·
Registered
372 Posts
So what are the special considerations I would have to consider for a 2004 2wd crew cab Z71?

I was looking for a 3 inch (or there abouts) of course the most cost effective route would be the way I would go.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
I highly recommend the Skyjacker Add-a-leaf kit for the rear also. Eiminates squat when loaded.
:yeahthat:

I got the Add-a-leaf kit on the back and cranked the TBs up front. New Rancho shocks all around also. I think w/o tools I got away with about $300-$350 for it all. Summit FTW!!!

Old thread FTL...JASON!!! :lmao: j/k I think you can go about doing the 2x4 the same way just different shocks up front. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you're looking for an actual lift you'll need to look at 4wd ones even though you're 2wd cause you've got TB's it sucks cause correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are components that we don't need on 4wd lifts I have been looking for quite some time for a cost effective alternative as I am also stick with the same problem turns out there is someway to mod 2wd fantech

·
Registered
80 Posts
2wd fabtech spindles to make them work with TB's giving us a spindle lift. Cranking the TB's to match a 2 inch rear lift makes the ride horrible and angles the a arms so much that proper alignment is nigh impossible

·
Registered
80 Posts
2wd fabtech spindles to make them work with TB's giving us a spindle lift. Cranking the TB's to match a 2 inch rear lift makes the ride horrible and angles the a arms so much that proper alignment is nigh impossible

1 - 15 of 15 Posts