Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so I have looked the one thread over and I cant make head or tails of it im still new at the lifted side of things lol I switched from a lowered s-dime but I am wanting to run 20x8.5 KMC KM677 D2 wheels wrapped in 33x10.50 - 33x12.50's will the 4 inch skyjacker/rancho suspension lift give me enough room to do so? im wanting to avoid a body lift if at all possible

Also what could be ran with the ready lift 2.5/1.5 lift?

·
Registered
376 Posts
What offset are the wheels? Are you z71? If so, with just the ready lift you could probably go up to 33x10.5 with the right offset. What do you have against a body lift?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What offset are the wheels? Are you z71? If so, with just the ready lift you could probably go up to 33x10.5 with the right offset. What do you have against a body lift?
Offset:[email protected]#35mmBackspacing:[email protected]#6.06"

I just know I can't do it by myself lol and the guys I talked to saud labor would be ridiculous. .. plus some guys at work said that body lifts would cause more problems down the road since it's my every day driver... like I said I'm still new at the lifted stuff lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ya, you're going to want less backspace than that to run bigger tires. I believe you want 5 inches or less, with 6 inches you'll rub on everything there is to rub on.

If you own a jack and can turn a wrench you can most certainly do a body lift yourself. It's like 12 bolts. There's maybe a bit more to it than that, but they all come with detailed instructions. Body lifts will not cause anything to wear out quicker. A suspension lift on the other hand will cause parts to wear. Those are also more difficult to install, but again, it's just bolts. My advise is to do it yourself and learn how it works, I didn't know diddly squat before doing mine but I feel much better about it because I did it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, you're going to want less backspace than that to run bigger tires. I believe you want 5 inches or less, with 6 inches you'll rub on everything there is to rub on.

If you own a jack and can turn a wrench you can most certainly do a body lift yourself. It's like 12 bolts. There's maybe a bit more to it than that, but they all come with detailed instructions. Body lifts will not cause anything to wear out quicker. A suspension lift on the other hand will cause parts to wear. Those are also more difficult to install, but again, it's just bolts. My advise is to do it yourself and learn how it works, I didn't know diddly squat before doing mine but I feel much better about it because I did it.
So if I done a slight body lift could I run those wheels? I'm dead set on them lol

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
The only way those wheels are fitting are with some big spacers. Almost all lift kits require 4.75" backspace or less on 16"-17" x 8" wheels. Even if you ran them with just a crank you would rub all over the sway bar and frame if they even fit

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only way those wheels are fitting are with some big spacers. Almost all lift kits require 4.75" backspace or less on 16"-17" x 8" wheels. Even if you ran them with just a crank you would rub all over the sway bar and frame if they even fit
What if I went with smaller tires?

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
You can clear a higher backspacing since you want to run 20"s but I don't think you will get 6". And even then it's going to rub bad. A high positive offset like 35mm or so is more for lowered or stock. My 20"s are -12mm offset. Those wheels would likely sit completely inside the fenders without being spaced a lot. You could run them but I would do prolly 1.5" spacers. Decent ones are about $120 for 4. Or put that towards some different wheels

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can clear a higher backspacing since you want to run 20"s but I don't think you will get 6". And even then it's going to rub bad. A high positive offset like 35mm or so is more for lowered or stock. My 20"s are -12mm offset. Those wheels would likely sit completely inside the fenders without being spaced a lot. You could run them but I would do prolly 1.5" spacers. Decent ones are about $120 for 4. Or put that towards some different wheels
ok changed my mind again lol... could I run: 18" American Racing AR901 they got a Offset: 20mm Backspacing: 5.51 and Kumho Road Venture 265/70/18?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would get whatever lift you really want first, then figure out what will fit. This will let you think about what would look good, work with your setup, and even go to a tire shop and test fit some options.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I would get whatever lift you really want first, then figure out what will fit. This will let you think about what would look good, work with your setup, and even go to a tire shop and test fit some options.
Only problem with that is the stocks won't work with a full lift without spacers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Only problem with that is the stocks won't work with a full lift without spacers
Ah never thought about that. Would work if OP wants crank and/or body lift then.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
See I wanna go ahead and do the full suspension lift but I just can't really afford it right now I have ordered a shot ton of parts the last 2 days lol

Curious what you ordered, if you don't know what you want to do......And for suspension lifting (even the pretend way), there really aren't a shit ton of parts necessary. What the heck are you buying...

If you want to half ass it like the rest of us....33x10.5 is the tire you want. Or 265/75-16 or 70-70. Or the equivalent in larger wheel sizes.

Here is a calculator to help. Start with the first size I said and keep your overall diameter as close to that as possible and you won't have a problem.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

On your Z71, you want 4.5" of backspace to set the tire about flush with your Z71 flares. A 5", or 5.5" is tucked at least as much as stock, and going to rub stuff all day long.

I would encourage you to look on the forums a little harder. If you have read ANY wheel or suspension thread, you will already know that a 6" backspace is only good for our truck if we want to drive in a perfectly straight line and never steer. Aint. Gonna. Work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Curious what you ordered, if you don't know what you want to do......And for suspension lifting (even the pretend way), there really aren't a shit ton of parts necessary. What the heck are you buying...

If you want to half ass it like the rest of us....33x10.5 is the tire you want. Or 265/75-16 or 70-70. Or the equivalent in larger wheel sizes.

Here is a calculator to help. Start with the first size I said and keep your overall diameter as close to that as possible and you won't have a problem.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

On your Z71, you want 4.5" of backspace to set the tire about flush with your Z71 flares. A 5", or 5.5" is tucked at least as much as stock, and going to rub stuff all day long.

I would encourage you to look on the forums a little harder. If you have read ANY wheel or suspension thread, you will already know that a 6" backspace is only good for our truck if we want to drive in a perfectly straight line and never steer. Aint. Gonna. Work.
That my friend is a surprise :thumbup: but everything I have ordered to this point is body related just getting rid of the chrome and a few other things but... the wheels I got on it now have a 0 offset and 4.49 offset and like I said earlier in the thread I believe the only time I rub is when my steering wheels is at full lock

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That my friend is a surprise :thumbup: but everything I have ordered to this point is body related just getting rid of the chrome and a few other things but... the wheels I got on it now have a 0 offset and 4.49 offset and like I said earlier in the thread I believe the only time I rub is when my steering wheels is at full lock
Gotcha. The discussion has been lifting, so I thought you were assembling stuff to lift. Couldn't for the life of me imagine what kind of parts you're overloading on to crank torsion bars and add rear shackles. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Neither of the offset / backspace comments can be confirmed because you haven't specified a wheel width.

You only need one number...the other number contradicts/compliments the other one.
Example, an 8" wheel with 0 offset IS 4.5 backspace. It's not an offset WITH a backspace value.

I see an 8" wheel with +35 (need to specify positive/negative with offset too) offset is equal to 5.9". Is that the width wheel you have?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts