Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm newish to the nation. I've done interior mods and a few little basic mods on my 08 canyon z71 4x4. I'm looking into lift kits ( as about half of us are Lol) and I've stumbed across something I thought was absolutely amazing. Lifted 2wd trucks. Ok before you all try and bite my head off I'm not bashing anyone, especially since the fact they are higher in the air then my stock 4x4. I'd just like to ask what the major advantage of doing this to a 2wd is. I'm from Canada where it snowed 12 inches in about 8 hours today,so this sort of thing is unheard of, enlighten me.:salute:

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Advantage? Some do it for looks. Some do it for ground clearance. Or both. Here in So Cal there are tons of pre runner trucks (lifted 2wds that are used off road). Ground clearance, good tires, a rear locker and a driver that knows what they are doing and lifted 2wds are capable of doing a lot off road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm interesting never even thought of the prerunner idea. you gotta come up to the cold North I saw a lifted crew cab duramax get stuck on an off ramp today lol 4x4 is not only wanted... It's needed lol

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Agreed... in areas like yours 4wd is essential. Personally I wouldn't buy another 2wd truck. I love having 4wd even though where I live I don't need it... but I like having it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yaa I just did a Diablo sport intune on my truck today and was checking shift firmness. And that was the only way I could notice a change was in 4x4 because the roads were so icy every shift I would slide. Such a tease doing mods in the winter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts