Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
There might be other american made bars a little bit cheaper, but still you will have to pay for quality and good engineering.

·
Registered
664 Posts
in all honesty the Chinese bars nowadays are really not that bad. Tons of companies sell them for pretty good prices. Yes rigids are nice but WAYYYYYY overpriced. I only have a pair of pods from a company called digi diodes which just resells china brand bars but Im happy with them. Sure they could be brighter but the pair was only 100 bucks versus the like 2-300 for the comparable Rigids. A couple companies that sell bars for decent prices are, digi diodes, toughlight, hazardous lighting, and im sure Im missing some but thats a good start. Try searching light bars on google and you might find a couple more companies

·
Registered
159 Posts
in all honesty the Chinese bars nowadays are really not that bad. Tons of companies sell them for pretty good prices. Yes rigids are nice but WAYYYYYY overpriced.
That^, rigids are still made in china, probably from the same factory that makes every other light bar, they're just assembled in the US so they can put the made in america stamp on there. Not everything from china is garbage anymore tho.

Here's a decent review on 3 diff bars eBay, Rigid, Baja Designs offroad LED bar comparison

What i find odd is browsing over the RI website i found no mention of what leds they use. IF they were to use a current, high quality brand name LED im sure they'd be bragging about it all over they're site, but they dont. So im assuming there using a cheap off brand led like most other companies or a outdated led. Just a quick search of a few brands i know and the only ones i saw who mentioned what led is in there bars is from TRS (Morimoto X.BAR 40 - Off-Road Lighting)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I wondered what leds was being used. I'm not too picky just want a decent bright light. I don't want to use the traditional baja or KC style bulb look. I'm really after the light bar

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

How big of a bar are you looking for? Digidiodes has 30 inch bars for 250ish currently. Toughlight is around 400ish. And I wouldn't even want to know rigids pricing. Or if you want something even brighter than rigids (which I'm sure you don't care) check out fuse led haha. Never thought I would see prices more ridiculous than rigid but fuse defiantly takes the cake. SUPER bright though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've seen the bars from Baja Designs, and with the new OnyX model, you don't need a big lightbar anymore :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ive used plenty of "Tuff Stuff" Led bars, had mine for more than a year, and its survived to my 40 degree celsius weather and plenty of rainstorms, mud, and the pretty much the harshest of conditions... the lighting output is about 85% of the original Rigid (comparing it to my buddies identical led bar)... and for $350 for my 30"... i really dont care and cant complain for the lighting difference.

that being said... my small 2x2" are original Rigids... D2's in the front and a single Dually in the rear, those ARE worth the price, just because of the crazy lighting output...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts