Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put one in before my dumbass gets pulled over. So here's my question, I found these LED strips on StreetGlow and was wondering if there was a way I could wire them up to the existing license plate light harness.

3 IN LED STRIP - LED Light Bar - LED Strip - LED Light Tube - LED Fender Light

For the guys about to freak out and pull the ricer card, I am looking at only white ones and the 3" model lol. I've seen the license plate bolts that have mini LEDs built it, but I think I want to try something a little different.

Thanks! :salute:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I need to put one in before my dumbass gets pulled over. So here's my question, I found these LED strips on StreetGlow and was wondering if there was a way I could wire them up to the existing license plate light harness.

3 IN LED STRIP - LED Light Bar - LED Strip - LED Light Tube - LED Fender Light

For the guys about to freak out and pull the ricer card, I am looking at only white ones and the 3" model lol. I've seen the license plate bolts that have mini LEDs built it, but I think I want to try something a little different.

Thanks! :salute:
Supermodulation made something like this just recently, and its amazing.

contact him, he can make them with 194 connectors so you dont have to splice.

If you want to splice, then go with the street glow

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can wire up anything you want.

They seem like they should work fairly well.

I don't remember what color wire is what, but I can check for you tomorrow.
Thanks dude! :high5:

Supermodulation made something like this just recently, and its amazing.

contact him, he can make them with 194 connectors so you dont have to splice.

If you want to splice, then go with the street glow
Alright, I may have to talk to him if this StreetGlow thing ends up being too big of a pain in the ass :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Thanks dude! :high5:

Alright, I may have to talk to him if this StreetGlow thing ends up being too big of a pain in the ass :D
yea, I have the exact thing you want that he made, but I dont think he wants me posting them yet (They are not meant for the exterior) so I cant share pics but they are pretty similar.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Like Rudy said...you can use anything you want. It's only two wires and both of mine were black after I lopped off the connector to splice my light in...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's a pic I snapped of my unused harness:

In the instructions, it says there is a striped wire (12v battery) and a black wire (ground wire), so which wire gets spliced into which? Or am I completely off lol

(I am slowly but surely learning about electrical stuff)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah, the brown is hard to see, but as soon as I saw your pic, I remembered mine.

Brown goes to your 12v power wire. That wire could be red, could be white, could even be brown.

And black goes to the ground wire, whatever color that is. Generally black or blue.

What colors do you have on your light?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean the harness? It's brown and black. Unless you mean the StreetGlow thing, in which case all it says is striped(+) and black(-).

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, so I took the ghetto way out lol. I ended up going to VatoZone today and picked up an LED bar that bolts up to the top two license plate bolts.

Hopefully it holds up, it's a Pilot product. I'll get pics up, I decided I didn't feel like waiting/paying for StreetGlow hehe

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Lameass!

Just do it right the first time!!

If you want, we can take some 5mm LEDs and flush mount them to the top rail over the plate. It'd be clean.
x2!!! your truck is sweet, KEEP IT THAT WAY. Flush mount some LEDs. It would look a millon times better.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL I know, I just need something at least temporarily so I don't get myself pulled over. The thing I got is ridicusly bright though haha

x2!!! your truck is sweet, KEEP IT THAT WAY. Flush mount some LEDs. It would look a millon times better.
Thanks man :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts