Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 Canyon , Off Road ,ext cab , Recently when I press the brake , The right turn indicator light comes on dim ( on The dash ) , and when I press the brake and the right turn signal is activated the turn signal flashes fast and you do not hear the flasher click , I believe the turn signals and brake light still work .Any Idea where to look to address this issue , Thank You in Advance for any help ,Also , I was wondering what the difference is between the regular 4 wheel drive and the Z 71 ( off road ) Truck ?

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Do you have a towing wiring harness installed? It is common for the trailer wiring harness adapter to cause that problem. Remove the adapter and see it the symptom changes. It is located under the left rear bumper. Replacing the turn signal bulbs and or sockets as also been known to resolve this issue.

Beside trim and graphics, the difference between the Z85 and the Z71 4x4 models are basically just larger tires, shocks and bushings on the Z71. The Z71 has monotube shocks, urethane bump stops, while the Z85 has twin-tube shocks and rubber bump stops. The Z71 also came with the locking rear differential (G80) as standard. Earlier years also had recovery hooks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts