Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have replaced the shoes on the rear of a 355 you know that annoying spring clamp can be a PITA to get in and out with the tools you have.

Well this little gem should make things easy now

Here is the link:

I'm going to order one very soon

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Jesse

I just found it while trying to update my Amazon list for the holidays.......best way to ensure you won't get something useless.

I have new shoes and wheel cylinders in the garage that need to be installed.

I will do a Review with it once I do the job

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I wish I would have seen that when I did mine a couple years ago. I found about it about a week later.

I've linked to that took several times in the brakes threads, but nobody posted up saying if they have used it when they did their job.

It sure looks like that third hand we need.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ivan29 it wouldn't be the first time I have shipped tools to members to get things done

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Thanks 1BADI5 for the link I know I'm gonna be needing to do mine soon just ordered mine right now thank you Amazon credit card(buy now pay later)

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
@Jesse

I just found it while trying to update my Amazon list for the holidays.......best way to ensure you won't get something useless.

I have new shoes and wheel cylinders in the garage that need to be installed.

I will do a Review with it once I do the job
Care for a "Test subject" :kiki:

Mine need done in the worst way!

·
I like pie
3,354 Posts
Y'all are weak lol. Did mine last weekend. Both sides within an hour and that was using vice grips, and a flathead!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the same way I did mine last time........but I did not enjoy the process

I'm at the point where I have the money to buy the "right" tools for the job...........I much prefer to work smarter, not harder these days.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Care for a "Test subject" :kiki:

Mine need done in the worst way!
Just curious, as I see that you have a 2009. Do you have the brake hardware configuration that requires the use of that tool? I have a 2011 and my drum brakes do not have that configuration. Sometime in production, that spring was eliminated. I suspect that it was started with the brake upgrade on 2009 models, but I'm not sure. Maybe that type of spring interfered with the ABS sensor installation.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Thanks Rich. I'm guessing that the reluctor wheel/ speed sensor installation had something to do with the change in configuration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts