Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this last night a couple times while running some deliveries... after running out 1st gear the truck will give off a slight burnt fluid smell. Never noticed it before but could it be from basically cruising around slowly all night and outta nowhere just opening it up?

I've noticed that happens with my exhaust where if I keep the truck under 2k rpms (driving around neighborhoods) it will really pop when I break 4-5k rpms i'm assuming because of the intense heat all of the sudden.

Any theroys? i'm gonna go out and check my tranny fluids color right now since the trucks been sittin over night... i'll report back soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would guess that the delivery driving would have something to do with it, my friend's Honda used to do that...but, then again, he had 174K on his Honda. :lol:

check it out, let us know what's up.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluids still a nice clean red... should be to was changed like 20k miles ago.

Anyways its just odd because i've been doing deliveries for quite some time now and this is the first I noticed it.

Oh well truck still drives great and shifts clean and quiet so i'll just keep my nostrils and ears open :lol:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
hey i have the same fluid smell problem i found out what it is if you look on either side of you radiator by the upper cap on the fins you might see some wetness and tis because the damn radiator is weeping fluid. yeah and my I4 does the same thin crackles and pops like a bastard!

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
the crackle and popin on your i-4 is probably the muffler coolin down norman. mines horrible about it. sounds like popin popcorn...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts