Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was monitoring how close the rubber stops were from the axle,
just kept thinking 1 more wheelbarrow load and that’s it.

Luckily was able to get all the dirt loaded, the rubbers were right at the axle.

Ended up being about a 15 mph ride the 5 miles to the local dump.

$50 to dump a yard or so of dirt, dang!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi All
Great pics of trucks doing hard work like mine does.
Here's a hypothetical question...
What if you kept loading the truck and over did it. What would be the first thing to break?
Regards
Jacko

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What if you kept loading the truck and over did it. What would be the first thing to break?
That's an interesting question. I'm curious too.

Let me go find something heavy. I'll be right back with the answer. LOL JK.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The first thing to break may be your wallet, if you get caught over loading your vehicle. Or if you are in an accident with an overloaded vehicle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All
Regards
Jacko
All the forces are transmitted directly to the axle, bearing races, wheels, tires.

Assuming you hit a bump to induce a sudden force, then likely axle breaks and then races that hold axle in place…
Then something like this happens.

Guess it’s possible blown tire, expectation is if enough force to explode tire, then mechanical part is going to fail
as result of no elastic components left to cushion the forces.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I was joking a Ford fan I work with... I told him the only rust I could find on my truck was the overload springs and the tow hooks.... Reason being... They are never used !!!! LMFAO

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi All
Regards
Jacko
I can't say for sure that this happened from over doing it with loads, but... this is what happened to my passenger side leaf spring. My truck is 8 years old and has been through the winters of Minneapolis and Chicago. I also move lots of product from one store to another store once a week... 30+ boxes weighing from 1lbs to about 25lbs.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/want-buy/114897-leaf-springs.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts