Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent hours online looking for a cheap header to replace my stock manifold with multiple cracks and leaks. I've looked for about a year at my local U-pull lots and all the trucks I find either have 4 cylinders, have cracked manifolds like mine, or the manifold has already been removed. All the websites that show a picture of exactly what I'm looking for either don't stock a header for our trucks or are out of stock. Finding one for under $200 would be great, but that seems to be a "pipe" dream. My truck isn't fancy, it's a work truck. I'm not looking for anything fancy, but I'm pretty sure that replacing it with another stock cast manifold will just be putting a bandaid on the problem. If anyone has purchased a header that fit and worked well and it was reasonably priced, please let me know.
Thanks folks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Post the OEM part# for the stock manifold and I can do some digging around for one or perhaps another alternative for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've spent hours online looking for a cheap header to replace my stock manifold with multiple cracks and leaks. I've looked for about a year at my local U-pull lots and all the trucks I find either have 4 cylinders, have cracked manifolds like mine, or the manifold has already been removed. All the websites that show a picture of exactly what I'm looking for either don't stock a header for our trucks or are out of stock. Finding one for under $200 would be great, but that seems to be a "pipe" dream. My truck isn't fancy, it's a work truck. I'm not looking for anything fancy, but I'm pretty sure that replacing it with another stock cast manifold will just be putting a bandaid on the problem. If anyone has purchased a header that fit and worked well and it was reasonably priced, please let me know.
Thanks folks!
Check craigslist in northern Colorado, there’s a guy selling a new one, can’t remember if it’s cast iron or fabbed header.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, it's an '04 Colorado with 3.5 automatic. OEM #12571601
I live in Savannah Georgia, so I'm pretty sure shipping from Northern Colorado would probably double the price. I'll look though. If it's $50, it might still be a deal if he will ship.
Thanks,

·
Registered
350 Posts
I saw two on ebay that may work for you.
One is by Auto Shack # EMCC 774705 cost $117.25 . free shipping.
One is by Champion Converter # CC 160-23- AA cost #163.00 free shipping and 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first one is for a 4 cylinder and I can't find any information on the second one. I appreciate your efforts, but I have a 5 cylinder 3.5.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The first one is for a 4 cylinder and I can't find any information on the second one. I appreciate your efforts, but I have a 5 cylinder 3.5.
Just got off ebay and double checked , part # EMCC 774705 is stated for a 3.5 engine. You may want to try that search again. Or , I need some serious mental help.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Thanks! I prefer the one that's actually tubing and not just cast like the stock manifold.
I sure appreciate the help.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Great! Thanks! I prefer the one that's actually tubing and not just cast like the stock manifold.
I sure appreciate the help.
Let us know if you do purchase it and install it. Perhaps supply us with pictures and any pointers for the install as well as rate the header good or not so good. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's not cracked, would you min getting an estimate to ship it to 31410?
That would be great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts