Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pioneer unit took a dump. I like to see what everyone has on here and also if you have a iphone 5 with it and what works best for y'all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been told Bluetooth is the way to go now, and I'm sure most Bluetooth head units work with the iPhone 5. Are you looking for double din or single?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I've heard good things about Parrot Bluetooth system. Mine is not Parrot, and the display always warns me of weak signal even when the phone is in the cup holder or on the seat. My mic is a joke, unless I hold it in front of my head nobody can hear me. That's okay though, I never make calls in my vehicle.

Streaming Bluetooth works perfectly. I can play audio from youtube videos, stream from internet radio, or stream from stored music perfectly.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Parrot is the system used within the head units. The standard manufacturers utilize it, I know Kenwood does in their higher model series.
Many will say they have a flawless working cheap HU, but that isn't the case with me.

I may be an exception.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a pioneer fhx700bt. I can be in the house still play music in the truck, switch calls to phone or Mic if I'm in the truck. Plenty of options good range. Usb has iPod control on phone or deck. Pandora controls. Good all around if your wanting bt or another pioneer deck. Aux, iPod, Usb, CD, fm, options. Plays anything you can plug into it. 15 rms amp to 4channels. Only complaint is the remote it comes with sucks. Sent two back while under warranty, but don't really need it. Phone can work as remote with free pioneer app.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pioneer kind our pissed me off with an issue with my head unit which caused it to fry the bluetooth unit in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a passlock issue going on that would allow the truck to start and hu not come on. Once fixed I didn't have anymore issues but thought it was pioneers fault for a while. Also had a pioneer touchscreen that the DVD stopped working so it's understandable.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I use a Kenwood DPX 503 HU. Cant help with the apple stuff... Anti Mac here...LOL Good luck with finding what your looking for !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts