Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, not sure if this should be in Off Topic or here, but I'll start here.

Anyways, I am starting a new job in 2 weeks. With the history of this forum and the great ideas/solutions/thoughts/creativity I've seen here for a while, I would like a little assistance in finding a fun, quirky, odd, not-normal vehicle for my dd/commuter, while I start saving for an engine swap and other stuff for the Colorado. If anyone has any great ideas, please let me know. I'm open to almost anything and everything, as long as the price is right.

Current Job location: Literally 1.8 miles from my garage to parking spot
New Job Location: 46 miles round trip, mixed highway/city with rush hour

I'm keeping my truck...had it for 12 years now with just under 200k miles on it. This thing is not going away anytime soon, just wanting to keep the miles off it and something with a bit better mileage.

What I'm looking for:

-Decent to Good Gas Mileage.
-Something strange and obscure. Not something you would normally see on the road.
-Not a beater, but something that does not need to be a garage queen (that spot is reserved for the truck)
-Low/High Mileage does not matter, as long as it's in good running order.
-Not a death trap and not too horribly modded.
-Like to keep price under $5k
-Manual trans would be nice, but gotta consider rush hour traffic, downtown and parking garage driving so probably an automatic
-Bodystyle: whatever. Wagon, coupe, sedan, small truck
-Rear or AWD preferred
-Color: Black or close enough to black

Ideally i'd like to find an 86-91 prelude but those are getting a bit tough to find in decent (not broke beyond repair) condition.

I'm in Lee's Summit, MO, just outside of Kansas City and would be willing to travel up to 500 miles to find.

Thank you all and let the ideas/thoughts begin!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a used Yugo !!! LOL
Good luck with the search !!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Lifetime Member
476 Posts
You're comment got me thinking alot actually!!!

This weekend, I bought, for me and me only, a 2013 VW GTI !!

But in regards to the thing.....we are actually starting our search for a thing to rebuild/restore as a family! Thank you for the idea

See...i knew the nation would never let me down!!!:355group:
I've always liked them, I especially like the name.
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!

my kid would be the most awesome kid in high school without a doubt
and when you get finished with the swap in your truck, he'll know how to drive well enough for you to swap him a 3.8SC GTP motor :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well....we are now officially a VW family...finalized the trade on my truck :( but got me a 2013 GTI.

rshadd: the corrado is not bad at all!!! i love them...trying to turn the kid onto the hatchback train...
gf really wants a thing though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts