Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is telling me its time for some new shocks. I have been looking and think i would like to get the pro comp mx6 series shocks. Does anybody have some experience with these?? I would like to get an adjustable type shock, and do plan on doing 3in lift spindles, and a slickanddirty stage 3 kit sometime next year or so, would those be ok to get, or do I need to buy some dirt cheap ones until i get the new parts on?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
My suggestion would be to get some oem replacement until you lift. Otherwise, you'll be driving around on compressed shocks.

If they are variable valved, you'll be in the 'hard' end of the shock travel as it's 3" engaged under normal sag conditions.

That's just my opinion though. Plus, if you aren't able to go ahead with the lift or whatever reason, you won't be out a bunch of money on a shock you never needed. Good Monroe or Gabriel shocks are great for a daily.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
In all honesty aftermarket high dollar shocks look cool, work well, but are really over priced in my eyes. For 90% of everyone out there regular stock shocks work great in 90% of the time.
High dollar trick valved shocks are on 90% of most vehicles which they never intended for or actually used IE: baja 1000 where you’re going 80mph and need the rapid cooling and valving they have, or jumping.
That’s my 2 pennies..

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I got the extended length KYB from SuspensionMaxx for my daily driver. If I want to go off-road with it, I'm not going to bash it anyway, so the shocks don't need to be 'tough' enough to withstand high impact.

They are affordable, and rated a little higher than an OEM replacement. Probably not nearly as stiff as a Rancho replacement.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
In all honesty aftermarket high dollar shocks look cool, work well, but are really over priced in my eyes. For 90% of everyone out there regular stock shocks work great in 90% of the time.
High dollar trick valved shocks are on 90% of most vehicles which they never intended for or actually used IE: baja 1000 where you’re going 80mph and need the rapid cooling and valving they have, or jumping.
That’s my 2 pennies..
have you ever ridden around on quality shocks (bilstein, fox..) on the street? Ive had stock, skyjacker and now bilstein reservoir shocks, I can say that the difference is night and day, even on the street!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts