Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a z85 Colorado that I have lifted and put some aftermarket parts onto, the only thing preventing my truck from being equivalent/better than a z71 is the lack of skid plates, I was wondering if anyone has some off of a z71 or where I could find some good aftermarket ones.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Z71 trucks didn't come with skid plates either (other than a plastic one, which in my book doesn't count). The only aftermarket ones I know about are SuperSkidz made by James @Supermodulation but I don't believe he makes them anymore. There is a set for sale here: Off road bumper, skid plates if you are willing to drive to Vancouver Island, BC. The seller declined to drive a few thousand miles to Florida to deliver them to me for some reason. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Z71 trucks didn't come with skid plates either (other than a plastic one, which in my book doesn't count). The only aftermarket ones I know about are SuperSkidz made by James @Supermodulation but I don't believe he makes them anymore. There is a set for sale here: Off road bumper, skid plates if you are willing to drive to Vancouver Island, BC. The seller declined to drive a few thousand miles to Florida to deliver them to me for some reason. :ROFLMAO:
I did not know that the skid plates were plastic so thank you for letting me know. Do you know if the z85 has the mounting locations for the plastic skid plate though, maybe I could just make my own.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I did not know that the skid plates were plastic so thank you for letting me know. Do you know if the z85 has the mounting locations for the plastic skid plate though, maybe I could just make my own.
I suspect it might, but never having been under a Z85 I couldn't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Looking at this it looks like all versions of the 355 had the plastic skid plate or "engine shield" so your truck may already have it.
GM 20772040Shield-Engine

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here you go, I recently bought the aluminum version, nice piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you go, I recently bought the aluminum version, nice piece.
Did you have to do any drilling into the frame? And would you say it is worth the $500?

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Did you have to do any drilling into the frame? And would you say it is worth the $500?
I’m running a NextVenture engine and transmission skid (steel). It’s been worth every penny. Light years better than my old Superskidz (no offense to anyone).

I’m running a Superskidz front skid and a NextVenture bottom skid with great results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, thank you to everyone who has given me advice, when looking at skid plates, it doesn't seem like there are any premade ones that will fit my truck. I have the skyjacker 4" lift kit and when looking at where I would be mounting the plates, there is a new front cross member that I installed with the lift and it messes up the angle of the skid plates. Fabricating my own seems like the only option so I will post some pictures after I finish.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Would you make me a set too? J/K. Lol. I do see badland industries now makes a front diff cover ring protector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts