Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , I have been researching for a few days on loc's. As suspected, I do not want to go to wally world and puchase a generic one that will just eat up my FR. What are you guys using? I have read that even Navone's loc kills the bass at a certain frequency and add to that, most stock units start clipping fairly early. Does anyonne have one of the active locs? JL cleansweep, Mtx RE-Q or an Audio Control unit? I am not looking to build a competition system by any means, but would like to be able to send a clean, full bandwidth signal to my investment. Opinions gurus?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no idea what we're talking about in this thread!
LOL!:) I just want a clean signal from the factory 6 disc HU to my new amps. I have read so much lately, I am starting to wonder what the hell I am talking about myself. Go look JL Audio: Products

They make some valid points of the shortcomings of factory systems. I have also been all over caraudioforum looking at what the people there have had to say about locs. There are a ton of enthusiasts that absolutely hate using a factory headunit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts