·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I discovered this when I was washing my truck

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
that makes me want to puke. how do you think it happended?

·
Registered
667 Posts
ouch!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure the guy who did my bed liner installed my cover wrong which did that over time.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
haha...got the same on mine...water gets in the ribs of the tonneau, and freezes...then when you drive it rubs....goit the same thing on mine....it blows but.....what can ya do...

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
forgot to mention...all i did was get the filler paint pens and then throw the clear coat pens over it...does hide it well...but protects the metal which is all that matters....tonneau hides the rest...

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe I'll just have them spray the rails with bed liner so it doesn't happen again.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
thats my plan.....get the whole bed done and have a little bit of over hang...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Who cares it's a truck... a "offroad version" as well. ;)

i've had those on mine since the end of 04. ARE LS2 tonneau cover did it. I live in Fl where it's always wet and humid and I don't see any rust. If anything just get some touchup paint and cover it up.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who cares it's a truck... a "offroad version" as well. ;)

i've had those on mine since the end of 04. ARE LS2 tonneau cover did it. I live in Fl where it's always wet and humid and I don't see any rust. If anything just get some touchup paint and cover it up.
Yeah I have the same cover. things like that bug me so I'll have to get it taken care of.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts