Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing out of the driveway with the wheel turned all the way right, i was going very slow, and i heard this loud pop from the front end. I did a 2/3 drop in January and did bell tech front and rear sways. So i looked under and didn't see anything wrong and first glance. So i tried driving. Going very slow, the steering wheel was responsive, but the car was going straight when the steering wheel was at like a 45 degree angle. I got an alignment in January that had a 6 month warranty, so I'm taking it in tomorrow.

Any ideas what happened though? Im curious if they messed up doing the alignment or if it has something to do with the drop or sway bar.

Also im guessing i should have it towed there? Who knows if the steering wheel will just go completely loose or something.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Alignment is 6 months old, and today it popped. Nothing wrong with the work that was performed 6 months ago. I'm more inclined you, you worked on it last. No disrespect, but the shop did work, it was fine. Then you worked on it. It was fine. You were the last to touch it so I blame you. LOL

Seriously though, I don't know what it could be but it seems there is definitely a problem though if the steering wheel is turned 45-degrees and you are still driving straight.

Sounds like you need it towed to the shop.

G

·
0 Posts
bear9642,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I had this exact problem, it was one of the lower control arm cam bolts, it some how came loose 3 months after an alignment. Have them check the lower control arm bolts, I bet this is your problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I was able to drive it the shop today and they said it was ready to be picked up after only a few hours. I didn't get to talk to him so I don't know what the problem was yet. But I'll find out on Monday when I pick it up.
I'll be sure the mention the LCA.

And 08canyon, I got the alignment after the suspension work, so technically they were the last to touch it! Lol

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
so did they tell you what it was? i get these noises all the time... haha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically, i guess they just realigned it. The loud pop was something getting thrown off. He said that usually happens when you hit a curb or something. So I'm not clear on exactly what it was or why it happened, but it seems fine so far after the realignment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts