Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the drive to work this morning i noticed a really loud squeaking type noise coming from my front driver side tire area. It doesn't seem to happen when accelerating or under bumps, its just kind of random. I got an alignment on saturday but everything was fine until this morning so I don't think that has anything to do with it. After searching all day Ive come across quite a few answers but most leading to bushings. I took a video of the noise on both the drivers side and passenger side. In the video I put my phone under the lca's and I'm just jumping on the door sill to get the truck rocking back and forth. I'm planning on taking a 500ish mile trip soon, will it be safe to drive the truck this way? Truck is an 08 reg cab z85 with about a 4.5" drop up front. Thanks in advanced for the responses :355group:

Drivers side:

Passanger side:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should probably also add, on the way home from work it was making the noise at first as well. I actually took those videos as soon as I got off work, well about 10 min into the drive the noise went away completely the rest of the way home. A few hours later I went to get dinner and the noise was back again. Not sure if that will help determine the cause or not.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Might be the e-brake cable rubbing on a body panel flange. Mine made quite the noise when it was rubbing. Follow the e-brake cable out of the truck (up behind the driver's front tire), it bends right near a flange and can rub and squeak. If that's the case just zip tie it so it doesn't rub, or wrap it with something.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to check that before work when the sun comes up. Will that make such a loud and harsh sound like in the videos?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump.

Drove to work still the same issue. Tried spraying some lube on the bushings and e brake cable as best as i could with the truck still on the ground. Can't work on it till the weekend so working with what I got for now. Still hadn't gotten any better. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke to a mechanic and he said it's the ball joints. Not sure if I believe him lol....thoughts?

G

·
0 Posts
Hello Kashed Throat,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for advice to resolve this issue yourself. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
if you have grease fittings on the ball joints, putting some in might change the sound if it's ball joints.
I would try the same on the bushings using some rubber safe lubricant and see if the sound changes.
You have one else that can jump on the truck so you can use the direction finding of your ears to narrow the sound down?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts