Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 Standard cab 3.7 4wd. Twice while sitting in my truck with the motor running the ding ding ding alert sounded and the dash said LOW FUEL. Both times my fuel level was good, over half a tank. I turned the motor off and restarted and the warning disappeared. What was that all about?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have that problem with my S10, and it's the level sensor in the fuel tank (attached to the fuel pump assembly). You may also have a ground problem at the fuel pump or with the gauge in the dash.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only starts doin it with half a tank and below, but yea, sure it's the sensor in the tank

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have that problem with my S10, and it's the level sensor in the fuel tank (attached to the fuel pump assembly). You may also have a ground problem at the fuel pump or with the gauge in the dash.
At least your s10 told you it was low! My blazer didn't give me any warning. Just ran out of fuel one day on the way to the gas station.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Isn't there just one sensor that controls the gauge and the warning light? If so, how would the gauge show half full and the warning light still come on? Are their 2 separate sensors at the tank?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I always reset my trip odometer every time I fill up and track miles driven against the gas gauge. I know I can get at least 275 miles from a tank. This gives me a sanity check against my gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts