Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Lower Hose Replacement on 3.7L

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Summit2012 
#1 ·
Greetings Nation,
I'm have some mechanical ability, and I don't think of myself of as a beginner, but the lower hose on my 2012 Colorado looks impossible to replace. I've searched the 355 site, and there's great posts on hose manufacturers and rubbing issues, but I couldn't find anything on lower hose swapping for idiots LOL. It seems like I have to remove the alternator or remove the wheel wells or have 48" long skinny arms. I do not have access to a lift, so I'm on jack stands, I can't even get the channel locks up there to grab the clamp...what a battle.....please educate the new guy, what's the trick to easily replacing that lower hose?

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system

See less See more
#4 ·
As johndickey1 states and cart7881 state , remove inner fender and un bolt the thermostat neck assembly with the hose attached . Of course remove the hose from the lower radiator neck also . As a precaution replace the thermostat while you have it apart as they are prone to fail at the age these trucks are now .

#5 ·
#7 ·
Update:
We ended up using a friend's lift and peeling back part of the wheel well cover to access the hose. We reinstalled the push plugs for the wheel well and the surgery was a success. I did a stupid thing and that was to replace the hoses for preventative maintenance reasons, something we did in the 70's and 80's.....today's hoses are apparently "lifetime" hoses made out of a new longer lasting rubber. Oh well, I learned some stuff about my truck but it was frustrating there for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.