Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1824 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just out of curiosity have any of you guys thought about notching the front end? I haven't gotten a look at mine yet. (will be putting in new drilled/slotted rotors and pads, + my front axle seals are leaking and need to be replaced). But the main reason I ask is because I am keeping my 4wd, mainly because a launch in boost feels amazing. But i'm at 20in center of wheel to fender with 255/55/18's and need to go a lot lower, but also want to keep the suspension in check for autox if I ever want to play that game to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:yeahthat: and here is a pic compared to my bros z85 with a 2/3 drop

Love the look of black Xtreme wheels on a black truck! Just curious, do you have any photos from the front or at an angle showing the offset of the Xtreme wheels on your 4x4? In your photo it looks like the wheels would almost tuck... and without flares! Are your hubs, axle and wheel offsets the factory 4x4 widths?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Just out of curiosity have any of you guys thought about notching the front end? I haven't gotten a look at mine yet. (will be putting in new drilled/slotted rotors and pads, + my front axle seals are leaking and need to be replaced). But the main reason I ask is because I am keeping my 4wd, mainly because a launch in boost feels amazing. But i'm at 20in center of wheel to fender with 255/55/18's and need to go a lot lower, but also want to keep the suspension in check for autox if I ever want to play that game to.

I didn't do a frame notch but I did modify the front diff brackets to level out both CV shafts.

Before

After, Removed about 3/4" from the top bushings.
That gave me about a 1/4" gap in between the diff and oil pan.

finished

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
3-4 drop on my 4x4 !!!! Just the thought of it makes me want it dropped so badly !!!
I guess all I can do is read about it and look at pics !! Lowest 4x4 should be an award at the Super Meets !!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,788 ·
Guys are still doing it! Madness! I popped in on here to stalk the mbrp dealer. Figured I'd say hi. Is 3.5/4 still the lowest 4x4?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,790 ·
Living the dream lol. I actually traded in the TBSS june 2013. Have a 2011 sierra now. Bullshit practicality...

No more big lifted truck?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Finally lowered my z71 4/5. Put smaller tires on the 20's. Cranked down the TBs all the way in the front and cut off the bump stop mounts. Did belltech leaf springs and 2" blocks in the back with low profile bump stops. Monroe shocks all round. Added z71 flares and a new bumper lip. The rear axle hits frame pretty hard on bumps but, I love how it handles otherwise.

Attachments

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,465 Posts
Finally lowered my z71 4/5. Put smaller tires on the 20's. Cranked down the TBs all the way in the front and cut off the bump stop mounts. Did belltech leaf springs and 2" blocks in the back with low profile bump stops. Monroe shocks all round. Added z71 flares and a new bumper lip. The rear axle hits frame pretty hard on bumps but, I love how it handles otherwise.
I like that! Looks good, Slab :salute:

1781 - 1800 of 1824 Posts