Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1824 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
I've been reading this thread for the past week.. every page lol. i'm going down to the low side. In the process of gathering parts, just going for a 2/3 for now but i'm sure i'll want a 3/4 later.

@Asposato

Welcome to the lowlife:bestest:

·
TOTM Moderator
476 Posts
Haha just some advice I would just go strait to the 3/4.

In my opinion a 2/3 on a z71 just makes it look like a factory height z85.

I was thinking the same about the z85. But I do not want to notch and every now and again I'll pull a trailer. Definitely going with the air shocks in the rear and possibly bags. Seems people have had good luck out of the mono tubes so I'll run them too. Found some steel angled 4" blocks so I'll scoop those up and found some smaxx keys so hopefully I'll be able to get both on Friday. Then just shocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've spent a few weeks reading through this thread. Hopefully, I didn't miss anything!

A few questions: Do the 2" Belltech Balljoint Spacers change the game at all? Would you still recommend cutting the bump stops to achieve that 3" drop up front? I'm guessing the Frontier shocks would still be required? I'm guessing, because I haven't looked under my truck, that these spacers combine with the balljoint flip that people were doing to get the extra half inch? It seems the spacers were released around the time that the thread was dying down.

Even with the Balljoint Spacers, 3" would be about the maximum safe drop to avoid problems with the CV angles and their boots? Whatever happened to the guy that was looking into the stronger boot material, anyway? Fizzled out?

Did anybody ever find a proper gas shock for the 4" rear drop? It appeared that the consensus was to go with air shocks.

If I only went 3" in the rear, would I still want to cut my bump stops?

I'm thinking a 2/2 or 3/3 drop would be perfect and I can find the rest of my height adjustment from my tires. I'm running stock 16" wheels right now with the factory tire size.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Want to lower the 355 so bad it makes me stiff !!! LOL
Just hate to take the risk of screwing up my 355... It drives and tracks so true and the tires last forever on it so front geometry gotta be good !!! Don't know a lot about suspension to do it on my own... Wish I could have bought James truck @Supermodulation !!! LOL
All I want is a 1/3 drop... Sounds super modest and easy.... But... Bet it is freakin not !!!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
And no bump stops. Forgot to mention that lol. And @Tweek just get some 3" blocks and decrank those keys!

I am sure that fellow members a laughing their ass off at me... suspension shit eludes me... Guess I will haft to hire someone at SESM to do it for me....
Then there is the mess of hoping a shop can get the front end back to proper geometry... Fuck... Better leave it alone !!!! LOL:yup::th_853597ayjb2rhwhy:yup:

·
Registered
35 Posts

4" block and de cranked a lot. Fronts 31" from ground to fender. Put brand new ball joints on when I lowered and I already have a bad bj boot and torn cv boot @Jaymez

So are you advising to not use the BJ spacers?

1801 - 1820 of 1824 Posts