Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I haven't been on the forum in a really long while, and it has been because of school, work, and the main cause is me getting another car. Giving it a long while to think about my car and truck, I have finally decided to lower the car and shift the build path from a lowered street truck to a light offroad/prerunner kind of build. So stay tuned ladies and gents for upcoming updates whenever I change/add onto the truck. Time to prepare for some off road fun. :th_woot:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yes!!!

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
So, I haven't been on the forum in a really long while, and it has been because of school, work, and the main cause is me getting another car. Giving it a long while to think about my car and truck, I have finally decided to lower the car and shift the build path from a lowered street truck to a light offroad/prerunner kind of build. So stay tuned ladies and gents for upcoming updates whenever I change/add onto the truck. Time to prepare for some off road fun. :th_woot:
I'm biased I think you should lift the car and keep the truck slammed lmao

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So any lowering parts for sale now or anything cool
I know my lowering kit will be for sale as soon as I get my stock suspension back on, as well as my roll pan eventually. However, all my build plans have been put on hold due to my "low and slow" car getting a hole in its oil pan.

Cue the "your car is too low then" statements hahahaha.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm biased I think you should lift the car and keep the truck slammed lmao
Surprisingly, I had thoughts on rallying the civic at one point. but, I figured RWD would be way more fun in off roading environments then FWD.
I have always thought of it this way:
FWD: Low and slow
RWD: Race car/Baja and Prerunning
AWD: Rally
4X4: Off Roading

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Surprisingly, I had thoughts on rallying the civic at one point. but, I figured RWD would be way more fun in off roading environments then FWD.
I have always thought of it this way:
FWD: Low and slow
RWD: Race car/Baja and Prerunning
AWD: Rally
4X4: Off Roading
Pretty much, AWD could go either rally or low and slow imo.

4x4 can either go offroading or low low. I love lowered 4x4's especially on full sizes.

I know my lowering kit will be for sale as soon as I get my stock suspension back on, as well as my roll pan eventually. However, all my build plans have been put on hold due to my "low and slow" car getting a hole in its oil pan.

Cue the "your car is too low then" statements hahahaha.
I may want your roll pan...

could you imagine? hahaha Knowing me Id end up with this...
View attachment 234633

Hahahahahaha:lol:
HAHAH omg, my roommates owns a honda accord and is not pleased by this :lmaop:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
so the Civic is back up and running again..
Going for wheels for both vehicles as my next plan. 18s for the plan I have feel like they'd be too big for a "beefy" looking truck, granted, I will want to go higher in the future, but nowhere near in the close future haha. I am thinking some older stock Chevy wheels, or some pacer style steel wheels.
Once I have the wheels and tires, I am going to get 2 inch spacers for the front before I put the stock suspension on. Once I have everything together, the wheels and suspension will be thrown on. I am starting to get pretty stoked about this build...more than I originally thought haha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts