Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 regular cab xtreme that is lowered I believe 2/2. Stock 18's sit flush with the wheel wells and it rides like garbage. Thinking of changing it up and looking for advice, would a 1 inch drop be the way to go? I use the truck to tow a small trailer and load stuff in the back. I love the way it sits but I'm getting sick of bottoming out and don't want to cut the frame . Any advice is appreciated.

·
Ipaid hehe
988 Posts
I would add air shocks out back. :D
keep the 2" drop.
maybe go up 1" up front. but the shocks do make a huge difference. :D

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
What parts did you use lowering? Could be a possibility they are worn out, like most of these guys have said though shocks help great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes bottoming out in the rear, it's a coil and block setup but appear to have original shocks. I was thinking helper bags for when I tow or haul stuff but would that give me better ride quality?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
It would, I had coils cut on mine to give a full 2in and it wasn't that low I would say the coils are wore out. Pictures would help! helper bags or better shocks (I recommend belltech or qa1) I've had Djm shocks and they were really stiff.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now you have me worried about my 1/2 drop that I'm getting ready to install on my ZQ8. I think the 20 inch boss 313's make the tire sit flush with the fender flares, so I hope I don't rub or bottom out. I guess there is only one way to find out though. I do I have bilstein shocks all around that still are pretty decent though.

Not to hijack his thread, but do people usually remove the bumpstops on a 2 inch drop in the rear of a ZQ8?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Take out the large one and leave the little pad that sits over the axle. What size tires you running with those 20's?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So after looking at the truck today there's no way I can raise it up and drive it, yes I'm shallow and want it to look,a certain way! So that being said I will start with new shocks in the back, best place to buy the qa1's or is there a better shock? Thanks

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
So after looking at the truck today there's no way I can raise it up and drive it, yes I'm shallow and want it to look,a certain way! So that being said I will start with new shocks in the back, best place to buy the qa1's or is there a better shock? Thanks
Most of the answers to your questions can be had in this thread.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/lowering/101754-questions-about-qa1-coilovers-zq8.html?highlight=QA1

Jesse, I can't remember what my tire size is. It's been 8 months since I've last seen them. I will know the tire size in 9 days though ;) If you can guess the size by looking at the pics in this thread, http://www.355nation.net/forum/lowering/97145-lowering-question.html, which you had previously posted...

~Troy
Yes, I remember your truck now. Those tires might be a problem, I'm running 235/35/20 and don't have any rubbing problems. You can go a few sizes bigger but not much, the back you'll be fine but the front might need to go down a size.

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts
Trust me, I have QA1 coilovers in the front and monroe airshocks in the back with a 3" block and I slap axle about once a week when I take a certain route because theres a bump that I cant avoid (I do slow down, but it still hits) The air shocks are a must have for lowered trucks, I cant believe I didnt have them before. I keep it low, and when I tow, haul, or fill the cab full of people, Ill just air it up and it never slaps. The QA1 coilovers are a little expensive, but well worth the money, I love mine and it is the best ride of a lowered truck that I have ever seen, it rides better than stock. Here are a few pics of how low it is.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Wait till you get the Q's for the rear, you'll wonder why you didn't get them sooner. Having that adjustment for the front is even better when you have it for the rear. Loaded down, just adjust for a stiffer setting.

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts
Wait till you get the Q's for the rear, you'll wonder why you didn't get them sooner. Having that adjustment for the front is even better when you have it for the rear. Loaded down, just adjust for a stiffer setting.
Ive been thinking about that, Im sure Ill do it soon, if not, its getting bagged lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts