Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some real trouble getting my Colorado past safety and emissions here in UT. I have a 4" Tough Country? lift on my truck with a 2" body lift. I have 285/75r16 tires. I need spacers to run the tires otherwise it will rub on the upper control arm. However, spacers aren't allowed to be used in UT or they will fail you on Safety. If I take the spacers off they won't pass it because the tire rubs right on the control arm. I suppose what I would need is a different offset rim. But I am mostly interested in taking the lift off. (I know I would still need to change rims and tire) I was wondering if anyone had an idea on the cost of taking the lift off and lowering it to standard size. Or if anyone has any other suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
You will need to remove the lift spindles and install the stock spindles and to remove the cross members, torsion bar relocators, front differential spacers, ect... if you do not have the stock spindles then it would be a lot easier just to find some wheels with the proper backspace.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Can you find 2 wheels from a wrecking yard, or a set of 4 cheap tire/wheel combos that fit without rubbing? At least to get you through your inspection?

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Ummm.... there are 1000s of places.

Summit racing, 4wheelparts, just to name a few

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible to just trade out what I have with someone who has a stock set up?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Is it possible to just trade out what I have with someone who has a stock set up?
I don't know what your asking about being possible to trade.

Do you have a junk yard in your area? You should be able to get wheels from there. The problem is though, unless you find stock wheels for your truck, you may not find ones that fit. For example. A Silverado wheel won't fit on your truck.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
That lift used typically brings about $700 on here. Paying someone to take it off is kinda out there. labor for install usually runs $400-$800 depending on location, shop, etc. if anyone is close to you that wants one and is up to it I would cut them a deal for it to do the work if your not up to it. If you bought it lifted I assume there are no stock spindles, etc so you would need replacements anyhow. It would be pretty reasonable for them at $400 or so they get a lift for their truck, you get the parts you need and your truck put back to stock. Posts like this make me glad I live in Texas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts