Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on lowering my truck even further, going from my current 2/3 to a 4/5.

I'd rather not, but I'm going to notch my frame to keep the axle from meeting the frame too often.

I'll be going with balljoints and 4203 coils in the front with ZQ8 leafs and 3" blocks in the rear.

My question is, since my wheels are 20x9" with some ridiculous offset, should I need to worry about my wheels rubbing against the outside of my fenders?

My current tires are 27" tall and protrude outside of my fender well about a .5" - 1". I'm thinking about going with something else, maybe some Xtremes for the time being because I know they'll at least tuck in case I do hit some hard bumps.

Pics of the same 5" setup I'm going with -- with my wheels:

There's about 1" of tire gap:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
idk man, when my truck was lowered i wanted to do the 4/3 drop. i used balljoints and the 2 inch drop springs, the front lower control arms were realy close to the ground ( but i did also have tiny tires up front) i can remember hitting/taking off a manhole cover with the frame (the part under the engine with the alignment gages) thats when i settled with the 2/3 drop... i estimate you will have 3-4 inches of clearance under there if you run those 27" tires...

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you are keeping the wheels you have now and I'm reading your post correctly that you are going lower you will have to shorten your rear axle to fit the wheels or they will get all tore up from the body

1 - 4 of 4 Posts