Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I have a stock gen 1 ZQ8 I’m looking to drop it more but having a hard time finding a kit that is lower then a ZQ8 suspension I’m trying to avoid going bags any idea?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Belltech drop ball joints and blocks is what I have done on mine and been very happy with it overall.

·
Registered
390 Posts
2" belltech ball joint and blocks added onto stock ZQ8 suspension.

·
Registered
390 Posts
So what you will be doing is pretty much removing the ZQ8 suspension with exception of sway bars.

ZQ8 suspension is different coil springs, leaf springs, front + rear sway bars and different tire/wheel sizes (17 or 18" pending the model year).

Make sure to do your homework or won't get to where you want your ride height.

·
Luv them hoochies
3,282 Posts
How low is yours vs the stock ZQ8? I want mine 3 inches lower than stock front and back.
Use belltech leafs
Throw some djm lcas up front but u will most likely rub

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
A lot of ya use Djm Lca and blocks my zq8 has 3/4 Djm drop and Belltech adjustable coil overs

·
Registered
21 Posts
So what you will be doing is pretty much removing the ZQ8 suspension with exception of sway bars.

ZQ8 suspension is different coil springs, leaf springs, front + rear sway bars and different tire/wheel sizes (17 or 18" pending the model year).

Make sure to do your homework or won't get to where you want your ride height.
Yeah everything up front is rusty and needs to be replaced so i need to strip it all out and start over. Do you have any thoughts on the arms I should look at?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
U can just go with Belltech ball joints up front but I like the Djm lower control arms and blocks in the rear and I use Belltech adjustable coil overs. U can read the nation and she what everyone else is doing

·
Registered
21 Posts
A lot of ya use Djm Lca and blocks my zq8 has 3/4 Djm drop and Belltech adjustable coil overs
I got Belltech adjustable coilovers and 3 inch blocks but the rear seems to be a 1/4 inch higher on the passenger side. I thought the Chevy lean was only up front.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts