Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to lower my Z85, could I use ZQ8 Leafs and coils and sit as low as a ZQ8? Thanks

And yes Rudy, I'm looking into lowering it!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
The ZQ8 gets its drop not only from the suspension but from the smaller diameter tire so essentially your suspension would be the same but your truck wouldn't be as low as a ZQ8 unless you ran a smaller tire.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
If you want to go a little lower go with a 2/2 or 2/3. I am running a 2/2 and sit the same height as brakenit (zq8). maybe 1/2" lower than him with my 17's on.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ZQ8 gets its drop not only from the suspension but from the smaller diameter tire so essentially your suspension would be the same but your truck wouldn't be as low as a ZQ8 unless you ran a smaller tire.
Okay, that's what I wanted to know.

If you want to go a little lower go with a 2/2 or 2/3. I am running a 2/2 and sit the same height as brakenit (zq8). maybe 1/2" lower than him with my 17's on.
Not real sure how low I want to go right now. How does the ride react to lowering?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
get some ZQ8 coils from a reg cab and 2" blocks it will ride like stock and it'll be cheap.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
lowering a little actually I thought improved the ride. Didnt feel as spongy and bouncy. :shrug: Not to mention it will handle alot better.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get some ZQ8 coils from a reg cab and 2" blocks it will ride like stock and it'll be cheap.
Nice, right now the truck rides great. I'm just afraid that the drop combined with low profile tires will kill the ride.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowering a little actually I thought improved the ride. Didnt feel as spongy and bouncy. :shrug: Not to mention it will handle alot better.
Really? That's good news for me, man.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ZQ8 coils are crap. Too soft IMO.

Spend the $100 on either the 4201 (1") or 4203 (2") coils. Big difference from the ZQ8's.

And just go with blocks for the rear.

I'd suggest you just go with a 3/4 right off the bat and be done with it. Almost everyone who has done a 2/3 ended up with a 3/4 eventually. :lol:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
ZQ8 coils are crap. Too soft IMO.

Spend the $100 on either the 4201 (1") or 4203 (2") coils. Big difference from the ZQ8's.

And just go with blocks for the rear.

I'd suggest you just go with a 3/4 right off the bat and be done with it. Almost everyone who has done a 2/3 ended up with a 3/4 eventually. :lol:
:true:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I would NOT do 4" in the rear (that sounds gross) if you are concerned about ride quality. 2/3 is the lowest I would go....or 3/3 but you'll need smaller front tires.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was talking to my suspension guy and he said the most effective way for ride quaility was a set of drop spindles (ball joints I suppose) and blocks, any opinons?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts