Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this may sound stupid...but the 3/4 arm/blocks that i wanna go with from djm...what all problems am I gonna run into..and is this the lowest i can go without heavy modifications...

getting married this year and dont have the money to go further than that on suspension....:D

thanx all...been to into cars for the past years and relearning the truck scene

and my colorado is a ZQ8

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
3/4 is the lowest and you might have to notch the rear

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no not liking the notching ideal yet:dawg:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
go with a 3/3 and you wont have to notch, get 3" drop leafs and 3 inch drop springs. since you have a zq8 it will be more like a 2/3 but that will work great. I know how the streets are in your area and you might not want to go to low. ya know martins ferry, bridgeport, wheeling.....they all suck.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I thought if you put drop leafs on a ZQ8, you'd only see about an inch drop since they sit 2" lower than Z85's?:mc: Maybe just do blocks instead. I had the 3" blocks on mine for less than a week and it sat pretty low, but not too low....

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx all...yeah DJ I did drive this around for a year....sometimes very painful

:D

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
I thought if you put drop leafs on a ZQ8, you'd only see about an inch drop since they sit 2" lower than Z85's?:mc: Maybe just do blocks instead. I had the 3" blocks on mine for less than a week and it sat pretty low, but not too low....
nope the leafs drop 2 inches on a ZQ8

the 2 inches from factory z85 is a combination of 1 inch drop leafs and the smaller tire diameter

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
The ZQ8 leafs will drop a Z85 2". A lot of people claim 1", but I have seen it in person and I'm 110% sure it's 2" because of the leafs.
the 3 inch leafs dropped my ZQ8 2 inches

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok whos right here should i get the leafs or the blocks...i want serious drop for the buck right now:D thankyou very much

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My buddys rado is dropped on the drop leafs with a 1 inch block and it rides like a friggen bounce house.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
ok whos right here should i get the leafs or the blocks...i want serious drop for the buck right now:D thankyou very much

Hahaha, this is the same stuff I ran into when I dropped my truck. There's alot of options and everyone has an opinion on all of them so it's hard to listen and make a choice when everyone's contradicting the next guy! It was actually frustrating! lol

If you're going for low budget, the blocks are under $50 and the leafs are over $100 so that's kind of a no brainer. When I had the 3" blocks on mine it rode just like I expected, had that lowered truck bounce to it, no big deal. But I went up to 2" anyway. Just wanted more of a stock ride and was willing to sacrafice a lil heigth in the back.

As for the front, I kept reading a bunch of mixed reviews on springs, control arms, etc... But I didn't really find much bad stuff on the balljoints. So I went with those and I can honestly say my truck rides no differently that it did when it was stock. Only exceptions are big bumps and potholes. The BJ's are kind of high priced but WELL worth it to me....

Just trying to give you my personal testimony since I just went through the researching process like 2 months ago. Hope all works out for ya!:355:

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahaha, this is the same stuff I ran into when I dropped my truck. There's alot of options and everyone has an opinion on all of them so it's hard to listen and make a choice when everyone's contradicting the next guy! It was actually frustrating! lol

If you're going for low budget, the blocks are under $50 and the leafs are over $100 so that's kind of a no brainer. When I had the 3" blocks on mine it rode just like I expected, had that lowered truck bounce to it, no big deal. But I went up to 2" anyway. Just wanted more of a stock ride and was willing to sacrafice a lil heigth in the back.

As for the front, I kept reading a bunch of mixed reviews on springs, control arms, etc... But I didn't really find much bad stuff on the balljoints. So I went with those and I can honestly say my truck rides no differently that it did when it was stock. Only exceptions are big bumps and potholes. The BJ's are kind of high priced but WELL worth it to me....

Just trying to give you my personal testimony since I just went through the researching process like 2 months ago. Hope all works out for ya!:355:
thankyou very much for your honest opinon...it has been very helpful...now to go start shopping:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
thanx all...yeah DJ I did drive this around for a year....sometimes very painful

:D

yeah i would hate driving a crapiler to that would be painful

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Sounds odd unless there are some differences with some ZQ8 leafs packs. Mine dropped more than 1 inch in the rear when I put the 3 inch leafs in.
there are 3 different ZQ8 spring packs...a different one for each cab style. So thats where more or less drop could come from.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok I got the 3inch arms from DJM...and blocks from JosurZQ8 so let the drop begin...one question will I have to roll the front fenders for these...thanx

1 - 20 of 35 Posts