Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I take my truck in to get the wheels/tires rebalanced only to find out that the crack head that did my tires the last time cross threaded one of my studs. And as luck would have it the only way to get the lug nut off was to snap the stud. So now I'm running my front drivers side wheel with only 5. Needless to say I'm :hulk::mad5::hulk::mad5: just a little pissed at the moment.

So a couple questions come to mind. 1.) How much of a bitch is it to come out?? 2.) Do you have to remove the hub to do it??

Any help would be great............

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Torch and hammer?

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
i had to restud my s-10 but i dont know if these are about the same or not:shrug:

but it wasnt hard

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i've done mustang a few times...as long as you can see the rear of the stud and there's enough clearance, its super easy...bash that shit with a hammer till it comes out, insert new one, bash with hammer back in

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I've done a few before myself but this is the first with this truck so I need to know if I need to take the hub off or not?? Plus can you get the new one in with the hub on or not??

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone??

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i wouldnt hammer it back in. use the lug nut and some washers to pull it straight into the hole. Hammer and a punch to get it out. If i remember write you dont have to remove the hub, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
look at the suspension threads to see the hub when someone is changing the the springs that will tell you without removing the wheel to see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe that you will have to remove the hub to avoid damaging it...I could be wrong though, I've never had to do it on the 'rados...I know on my TransAm it required removal of the hub, cutting off the old bolt from the back side and then re-welding another stud on.

Sorry that happened man, stupid crackheads. :mcban:

Good Luck bro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just had 2 rear studs replaced about 1 mo. ago.i didn't want to fool with it.had dealership do the job both studs and labor $56.00. so it can't be that big of a job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts