Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bitch broke. How? Who fuckin knows, but I'm pissed. Anyone had this issue? If so, what do they replace? The entire seat or just the adjuster?

·
Registered
845 Posts
What kind of seat set up do you have. If you give me the last 8 of your VIN, I could look it up for you here at my work and tell you exactly what you'll need and how much. Is your warranty over?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still under warranty, and it's the bucket seat setup.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got an appointment next week for A.) The adjuster 3.) Wind noise from the extended cab doors and 11teen.) The fucking clasp on the under-the-jumpseat storage container that broke DAYS after I bought the truck and have just never had the time to fix it. We'll see how this ends up.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My lumbar knob falls of all the time... I just re-align it and put it back on. Yours actually broke?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My lumbar knob falls of all the time... I just re-align it and put it back on. Yours actually broke?
Yeah. The hub stayed attached, and the outer unsupported pat of the knob broke off. So now I only have a sharp chunk of plastic to try to adjust the dam seat with.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yeah. The hub stayed attached, and the outer unsupported pat of the knob broke off. So now I only have a sharp chunk of plastic to try to adjust the dam seat with.
Damn that blows... pull the chunk off and get a new adjuster knob. See if they'll do it under warrenty but it'll prolly be a "wear" issue.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn that blows... pull the chunk off and get a new adjuster knob. See if they'll do it under warrenty but it'll prolly be a "wear" issue.
Over my dead body am I paying to replace that thing. I only have 25k on my truck, and that's what the fucking warranty is for. Time for a beat down.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
It's pretty common. There isn't enough support in the side bolsters of the seat so it compresses and pushes out on the edge of the lumbar knob, over time it causes it to break.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's pretty common. There isn't enough support in the side bolsters of the seat so it compresses and pushes out on the edge of the lumbar knob, over time it causes it to break.
Ahhhhh, I was wondering what the deal was with that. I was thinking to myself "I don't ever snag anything on that". That makes sense. Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine broke of months ago. I don't ever change the damn thing, so I said "F" it and threw it away....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
happens all the time. that and the parking brake release. GM quality!
my driveway at my apartment is on a hill so i have to use the damn parking brake everyday...my warranty is out in a couple thousand too....fun.

Moto: with 25k they DEF should jsut replace it if not thats bs

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine broke of months ago. I don't ever change the damn thing, so I said "F" it and threw it away....
Well, I have a back injury and I need that support, and it seems like after about a dozen times of getting in and out, the support backs off, so I need to have that adjuster on there. They NEED to replace the whole damn seat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I inherited my truck from my grandfather he had all the service invoices in a file in order. One of them was for replacing this adjuster knob.

·
Registered
136 Posts
oooooh i knocked mine off when i was climbing out of the cab after a night of drinkind and taking the lords name in vane, i just stuck it back on and its been gravy since, i dont know since yours broke broke....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts