Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone use the Enkei wheels on their truck on the street or have any knowledge of them? I am looking at the 18 x 8.5 with 245 45 tires. Any info will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Enkei M6 Wheels

Enkei makes a good wheel, and most of the time they're lighter than comparable wheels. I'll be picking up the M5s this spring.

- They also clear coat the wheel, which keeps road salt from pitting the polished aluminum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

They are 6 log and 6 spoke but I think they are fairly new to the market.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

According to Enkei's website and several dealers they are made in a 6 x 139.7 with a 10 or 20 mm inset. Part number is 482-885-8420MF for the ones I am looking at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: BMW M5/M6 Enkei Replica wheels

Enkei M6 is the Mfg. model of the wheels in question, has nothing to do with a BMW on their site. That is how I looked them up. I have been an Engineer and Programmer for more than 30 years and know how to search!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

But OP wasnt asking about the wheels that come on a BMW M6, he was asking about these...

@blurred @ivan351 Don't you two have something similar?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That is the Wheel Model in question! Got nothing to do with a BMW that I know of, just a model M6 or M6 on the Enkei site.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

Enkei M6 is the Mfg. model of the wheels in question, has nothing to do with a BMW on their site. That is how I looked them up. I have been an Engineer and Programmer for more than 30 years and know how to search!
OK, I read this wrong.......I can admit I'm wrong.......I'm now off to fix the glitch :facepalm: @DanAughtman

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
:lol: :group:

It's all good Jer haha

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
But OP wasnt asking about the wheels that come on a BMW M6, he was asking about these...

@blurred @ivan351 Don't you two have something similar?
Thank you Alex.......sometimes multi-tasking can be bad.

Thanks again guys for setting me straight

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem! I don't think most people on here are searching for BMW wheels. These are listed as SUV & Truck wheels. Does BMW use a similar wheel? I have never noticed a BMW.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Nope, I totally read that wrong.

BMWs common 5x120 wheels get used on alot of non-BMW vehicles. I have a set of OEM BMW 17" Touring wheels right now that fit my S10....but the offset is not right; I have to use spacers to make them fit right.

Well.....this was my big fail read of the year

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
OP, if you want to run a 18x8.5 w/ 20mm offset, a 245/45 will fit great. That setup will be almost an identical overall diameter and width to what I am running (20x8.5 20mm 245/35).

Is your truck dropped? Or do you plan on dropping it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! BMW's do have some very nice wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Damn Ivan.......your stance is spot on man @ivan351

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have dropped it 2 inches plus a shim but have an additional 1/2 inch block I can add. I want to put coil overs on the front and drop about 1 1/2 inches.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I have the Belltech coilovers that are actually made by KW; great product. I have almost 80,000 miles on mine, but I will look into replacing them or seeing if KW will rebuild them in the spring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts