Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my muffler installed today but i don`t know how to post a video clip
If someone in the:355: can help send me a pm on how to that would be great i use irfanview.

The truck sounds great!

P

·
0 Posts
Use photobucket.com, you can upload a video there, and simply post the link here, PM me if you need any help. :355:

P.S> congrats on the new exhaust, thats me next.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It isn`t very loud until you punch it then it roars but once at 50-60mph it sounds quiet.

Still workin on the video clip should have it by morrow!

P

·
0 Posts
Video #1

Video #2

and Video #3

All done for ya buddy, all you need to do is copy the "IMG code" and paste it in your reply, just like posting a picture. Glad i could help. :355:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Did you do this yourself or did you take it to a shop?

I'd like to know if this muffler will basically fit right in after the stock one is cut out, or do you have to buy spare tubing to connect the new muffler to the stock pipes because it's too short or something?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
thats sick!! how long is it? i got a 14" dumped on my canyon and its absolutely insane, super low tune. sets off plenty of alarms but is quiet on the inside. i love it!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
i got a magnaflow and its not loud at all. its dumped b4 the axle w/ a turn down. so its barely noticable from the outside unless you stick your head by the right rear tire. inside the cab its noticable but not horrible at all. so im wondering if the dump is was i cant hear my exhaust. not even at WOT i can hear it. my KN FIPK is loud as a m/f and sounds over everything!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I know how it sounds already which is why I'm going with Magnaflow.:thumbup:

I just want to know if the muffler is too short and you have to buy extra tubing to fit it up....

Or if the muffler will fit right in there as long as you trim the old one in the right spots.......

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
you might if your planning to use all the old tubing...i would suggest getting new tubes or buying a full magnaflow exhaust system

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This muffler is really good and sounds nice after putting in 500km/300m. The smell of stainless is gone and it is more louder settled in.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
How did they mount your muffler HoodStar? I took your part # up to summit and got the muffler. But once the shop had the truck in the air, we saw that it would've taken some exstensive work to get it in there. It was way too short and it was Offset/Offset. And they said the only way to mount it would be vertical instead of horizontal like it should be.

So I had to run back up to summit to get a better fitting one. They told me to get one around 20-22" long and Offset/Center. The one I got was just that, O/C and overall length was 24" (body was 18"). Fit right in with no custom work needed, just cut the old muffler out, and slap this one in.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny! When i went to Mopac they said i needed a same side offset and when they got the truck in the air they put in offset/offset. Yeah mine does sit vertical nothing was added chop/chop weld/weld mine is 20" long.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts