Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I've been searching high and low for a set of H3 seats without spending a fortune. Well i have finally found a set for a good deal...

Here's the deal.. They need MAJOR leather cleaning.. Does anyone know of anything that will clean and condition these seats? I don't care how much elbow grease it takes. I'll do it.

Thanks guys.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1414689922.178275.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1414689934.941253.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1414689945.731263.jpg

Sent from crappy AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have no input as to how to clean them. Just wanted to with you luck cause...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had very good luck with Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner and a soft brush. AS LAST Resort, you might GENTLY try Mr Clean sponges in the really bad spots. Once clean come back with a conditioner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I used Auto Glym leather cleaner and an electric toothbrush and a soft bristled brush to clean mine. After a few passes of that, then cleaning off the leftover cleaner and gunk and redoing the steps a few times I used Auto Glym leather conditioner afterwards. It took 5-6 hours of elbow grease but it worked well. They were sitting outside in Canadian winter weather for over a year and a half in a hummer that the windshield and windows were smashed leaving it wide open to the elements
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694014.462478.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694056.174530.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694097.330316.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694169.090661.jpg
One dirty, the other cleaned and conditioned
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694213.324621.jpg
Both cleaned and conditioned
ImageUploadedByAG Free1414694271.450815.jpg

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
I have had very good luck with Malco Leather and Plastic Cleaner and a soft brush. You might gently try Mr Clean sponges in the really bad spots. Once clean come back with a conditioner.
DO NOT USE MR CLEAN SPONGES!!! It breaks down the leather and will wear it faster.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used Auto Glym leather cleaner and an electric toothbrush and a soft bristled brush to clean mine. After a few passes of that, then cleaning off the leftover cleaner and gunk and redoing the steps a few times I used Auto Glym leather conditioner afterwards. It took 5-6 hours of elbow grease but it worked well. They were sitting outside in Canadian winter weather for over a year and a half in a hummer that the windshield and windows were smashed leaving it wide open to the elements
View attachment 169282
View attachment 169290
View attachment 169298
View attachment 169306
View attachment 169314
View attachment 169322

Dude that looks almost like these seats in looking at. Did they stink any from being wet? You did an excellent job on them!!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine were out of an '06 black H3. When I saw ur pics I was like damn, looks just like the h3 I got mine from lol

Surprisingly everything works, power, lumbar and heat on both seats. They did kinda smell a little musty at first but I let them air out for a bit before I installed em. One because I didn't have time, and 2, the weather wouldn't cooperate when I did lol so they sat around for about a month before I was able to get em in. Those bitches are heavy carrying them up to the third floor of a four floor walkup lol

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
View attachment 169282
View attachment 169290
View attachment 169298
View attachment 169306
View attachment 169314
View attachment 169322
That's some impressive work

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
I would've passed on them myself. Leather exposed to the elements for too long can be difficult to revive. Water damage dries out the leather and makes it turn to cardboard. I've been using Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for over 30 years. I have had great results in reviving old dry leather with Lexol.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would've passed on them myself. Leather exposed to the elements for too long can be difficult to revive. Water damage dries out the leather and makes it turn to cardboard. I've been using Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for over 30 years. I have had great results in reviving old dry leather with Lexol.

That's good to know! I passed on them cause the guy was difficult to work with. It wasn't worth my time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
500 for a set that needs an overhaul is ridiculous. I think you made a wise choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts